Do you know this woman? - Chiang Mai police step up hunt for murderer targeting foreign men

webfact

Do you know this woman? - Chiang Mai police step up hunt for murderer targeting foreign men

1pm.jpg

Picture: MCOT

The first pictures of a woman aged about 50, suspected of putting drugs in the coffee of two tourists, has emerged.

MCOT showed CCTV footage of the woman dressed in a long sleeved black top.

The first victim who was an Indian died. The second was an American. His stolen credit card was used to purchase diamond jewelry that MCOT said amounted to "several million baht".

The news media said that it was not known if she was Thai or a foreigner herself. A warrant is being prepared.

MCOT said that she befriended the second victim in a bar before asking for his phone number. She then later arranged to meet him in his room before slipping drugs into his drink.

A Virginia driving license was shown on TV in the name of 45 year old Bhat Tario Ahmad.

Source: MCOT

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-27

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know someone who was drugged in Bangkok on the taxi ride to his apartment with tainted potato chips, which put him to sleep in his own room.  Awoke finding his credit cards gone, cash gone, phone gone. The thief exited past the security guard and into the night.  Then the thief rang up 20,000 thb charges each card at Tesco.  Maybe a friendly cashier or maybe just the way foreign credit card charges are handled here.    I've noticed that no cashier checks foreign credit cards - neither  the names on the cards or to match signatures between back of card and sales receipt when ringing up a sale.  If the card charge goes through on the terminal and you scrawl something into the signature line of the receipt, sale is complete.  Fait accompli.

6 minutes ago, LatPrao said:

I know someone who was drugged in Bangkok on the taxi ride to his apartment with tainted potato chips,

I've noticed that no cashier checks foreign credit cards

If you really have to take a stranger into your home, use a safe for your wallet and phone the moment you enter.

You'd think the cashier would check it's a foreigner holding the foreign card.

Anyone using a card should have their photo taken by the store.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would have described her as a chubby housewife with short hair.

Who in their right mind would take a woman looking like that back to their room?

Line from a Jimmy LaFave song...……"Desperate men do desperate things"!!

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you really have to take a stranger into your home, use a safe for your wallet and phone the moment you enter.

You'd think the cashier would check it's a foreigner holding the foreign card.

Anyone using a card should have their photo taken by the store.

There are no stores now without cctv that you can spend millions of thb in

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
5 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Really? Is she the wanted “Pretty woman, short-haired???

IMG_8977.PNG.00a56c218031f3cf958740d07ba9ca22.PNG

IMG_8979.PNG.2391442bf21181f7d415ba8271f296df.PNG

I would have described her as a chubby housewife with short hair.

Who in their right mind would take a woman looking like that back to their room?

visit the bangkok soi 7 beer garden for a quick reality check

28 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

She doesn't look Thai, she looks more like she may be Filipino or maybe even Japanese.. It's hard to tell from one grainy image though.. However, on the subject of being pretty, nope lol 

Japanese coming to Thailand to drug and rob cheap charlie desperate farrang johns? That would be a first ?

Archived