Pattaya attracting major government and international brand investment

webfact

Pattaya attracting major government and international brand investment

By The Thaiger

pattaya-beach.jpg

As part of Pattaya’s make-over to attract high-scale tourism back to the popular seaside city, some of the biggest names in local and international leisure, retail and sport are putting their money down to invest in the region’s future. And the Thai government is investing heavily too as part of its commitment to rebrand the area and bring it up to date with international traveller expectations.

The Thai government sees Pattaya’s future as a world-class tourist destination that will evolve beyond its raunchy past.

The Mastercard Asia Pacific Destinations Index 2017 shows that Pattaya has attracted the eighth highest number of international overnight arrivals in the Asia-Pacific region, finishing just behind Hong Kong. The report indicates the Korean, German and Chinese guests are still travelling to Pattaya and looking for new activities beyond Walking Street, beaches and international food.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-attracting-major-government-and-international-brand-investment

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-27

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

The report indicates the Korean, German and Chinese guests are still travelling to Pattaya and looking for new activities beyond Walking Street, beaches and international food.

The Chinese are also and in particular  keen to be able to fly home the same way they arrived and avoid burdening Thailand with not good publicity and eye watering compo' payouts should they accidentally die en-masse whilst here ..

Funny I don;t see any garbage in the water in the supplied photo. Maybe if the authorities actually did something about the infrastructure other than releasing press releases their pipe dream of Pattaya becoming a genuine tourist destination. It has the potential, but needs someone who can actually get things done to be found.

wow thanks boys ,I guess my condo just doubled in value ..but it dropped 50% when you turned beach rd into a freeway then dropped another 20% with your new ''bean bag beach'' idea , add in failed flood measures and sewage issues...should be worth about a case of leo when the monorail opens...

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

wow thanks boys ,I guess my condo just doubled in value ..but it dropped 50% when you turned beach rd into a freeway then dropped another 20% with your new ''bean bag beach'' idea , add in failed flood measures and sewage issues...should be worth about a case of leo when the monorail opens...

Should have rented......

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" The Mastercard Asia Pacific Destinations Index 2017..."

they accept Mastercard on Soi Six? I did not know that.:cheesy:

They don't accept UnionPay card which Bangkok Bank has foisted on its loyal customers.  In fact it seems to only be accept in China!

17 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Funny I don;t see any garbage in the water in the supplied photo. Maybe if the authorities actually did something about the infrastructure other than releasing press releases their pipe dream of Pattaya becoming a genuine tourist destination. It has the potential, but needs someone who can actually get things done to be found.

Obviously not an aerial photo of Pattaya...

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Reading this forum you would think pattaya had less going for it than Aleppo or Mogadishu

Hmmm.....Mogadishu....now that's a thought-  I hear you can do border runs....with  the emphasis on running.

18 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Hmmm.....Mogadishu....now that's a thought-  I hear you can do border runs....with  the emphasis on running.

Actually Papua New Guinea should get a mention as running Pattaya a close second. Now that really is something.  And whilst not Pattaya ,would make Koh Tao look a haven of safety.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:17 PM, webfact said:

As part of Pattaya’s make-over to attract high-scale tourism back to the popular seaside city, some of the biggest names in local and international leisure, retail and sport are putting their money down to invest in the region’s future. And the Thai government is investing heavily too as part of its commitment to rebrand the area and bring it up to date with international traveller expectations.

Now that I got over my back pain for falling off my chair and rolling  on the floor laughing my a$$ off for a few hours, I can click to post this emoji:

:cheesy:

Archived