Bangkok: What time does the first van from Mochit to Chaengwattana leave?

1 minute ago, allane said:

My guess would be that vans start leaving Mochit at about 6 a.m.; however Immigration doesn't open until 8:30 a.m. I don't know if there is any kind of orderly queuing system outside their doors before they open.

oh there is. an extremely long one if you arrive at 8:30.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They start handing out queue numbers for the main desk at 7:00 now insteading of having to line up at the door.

Several other posters have said that you do need to line up in a cordoned off area starting near the front immigration door. At about 7am immigration then walks the line to pass out queue numbers and at 8:30 when the door opens, groups of ten are allowed in based on those numbers. Getting there the earliest means getting in soonest.

35 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Does anyone have experience at CW of getting a que at 3:20 pm and getting their extension of stay back before they close at 5 pm. I hate going early. 

A long as you get a queue number by 3:30pm when they stop issuing them your application would be processed. They work until all those that got a number are processed,

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, NoMeAmes said:

I'm planning on getting out of there before 4 pm so I wanna be as early as I can. What time do the vans connecting Mochit and Chaengwattana start operating? Does anyone know? 

Um, you said you "want to get out of there by 4pm so you want to be there as early as possible". Well, even if you arrive there just before lunchtime (just before 12pm) you should usually be out of there before 4pm. Well, maybe unless you end up having lots of Chinese in front of you. I know that happened to me last time and was extremely annoying.

7 hours ago, henry15 said:

better take a taxi around 04.30 am otherwise you will not be on time. because  traffic jam. People start queing at 7 am 

lol do peeps seriously take a taxi at 4:30am in the morning just so they can be there before 7am? Wow!

My ideal time to arrive at immigration is somewhere in the morning between 10am-11am but that's me.

Edited by bbi1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, henry15 said:

better take a taxi around 04.30 am otherwise you will not be on time. because  traffic jam. People start queing at 7 am 

42 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

lol do peeps seriously take a taxi at 4:30am in the morning just so they can be there before 7am? Wow!

My ideal time to arrive at immigration is somewhere in the morning between 10am-11am but that's me.

How much extra is it to just have an "agent" do the application?  At least it is better than the Chiang Mai local immigration situation.

55 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

How much extra is it to just have an "agent" do the application?  At least it is better than the Chiang Mai local immigration situation.

I have no idea about the costs to get an agent to go to immigration for you to do an extension of stay. If anyone knows I'd also be interested in hearing. It always annoyed the hell out of me when one of those agents came with 10 passports in front of me and takes up so much time therefore delaying everyone else in the queue.

I went to Chang Wattana last month to do my annual extension of stay. I needed to get it done as quickly possible so decided to get there ridiculously early. The taxi pulled up outside the building at 5:30am. I was sure that I'd be the first person there, but couldn't believe my eyes to see about 15 people in an orderly queue outside the front doors (everyone was let inside the building at 6am). Would you believe the first bloke was there at 4:30 lol. It was worth it though. I got queue ticket no.15 at 7am & when the immigration doors opened at 8:30, got no.1 for my section. Was in a taxi on my way back to work at 8:45. So as you can see, it takes serious commitment to get out of there quickly when going in the morning lol. In the past year, I've seen other work colleagues do their extension of stay & not get it done until the late afternoon because they arrived between 7-8am. The queue outside is huge by then. It's just crazy how busy & slow that place has become.

Sent from my U FEEL PRIME using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yabbra said:

I went to Chang Wattana last month to do my annual extension of stay. I needed to get it done as quickly possible so decided to get there ridiculously early. The taxi pulled up outside the building at 5:30am. I was sure that I'd be the first person there, but couldn't believe my eyes to see about 15 people in an orderly queue outside the front doors (everyone was let inside the building at 6am). Would you believe the first bloke was there at 4:30 lol. It was worth it though. I got queue ticket no.15 at 7am & when the immigration doors opened at 8:30, got no.1 for my section. Was in a taxi on my way back to work at 8:45. So as you can see, it takes serious commitment to get out of there quickly when going in the morning lol. In the past year, I've seen other work colleagues do their extension of stay & not get it done until the late afternoon because they arrived between 7-8am. The queue outside is huge by then. It's just crazy how busy & slow that place has become.

Sent from my U FEEL PRIME using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What a fool that first dude was, queuing up at 4:30am lol.  Doors opened at 8:30am so he had to wait 4 hours anyway. Then needs to submit paperwork then sit down again and wait for immigration to process whatever they need to do, then gets called in to collect the passport in groups anyway. He probably got out around 8:45am too.

Might as well come at a more realistic time late morning. It takes about 4 hours of waiting around from beginning to end to be out the door anyway, unless someone really loves waking up super early while everyone else is still asleep.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:34 PM, Wake Up said:

Does anyone have experience at CW of getting a que at 3:20 pm and getting their extension of stay back before they close at 5 pm. I hate going early. 

I got there at 1pm last week and was there past 7pm. Others were still there when I left.

• Thanks 2

On 9/2/2018 at 12:15 PM, Misty said:

I got there at 1pm last week and was there past 7pm. Others were still there when I left.

Wow, really? There must be busloads of Chinese people there since the last time I was there a few months ago. Was that the case? Last time I was there there was more then half the peeps sitting around all Chinese. How about these days?