Appeals Court rejects Premchai’s request to have his case transferred

snoop1130

Appeals Court rejects Premchai’s request to have his case transferred

premchai1.jpg

The Appeals Court has rejected the request of Itallian-Thai Development Pcl chief executive officer Premchai Karnasuta to have the panther hunting case transferred from Thong Phaphum provincial court to the Region 7 Corruption Court.

The ruling of the president of the Appeals Court was read by a sitting judge of Thong Phaphum provincial court in the presence of Premchai and three co-defendants, namely Yong Dodkrua, Mrs Nathee Liamsan and Thanee Tummart, Thong Phaphum prosecutor Panomrith Homnitsakul and Somjate Amnuaysawat, special prosecutor for criminal cases of Region 7.

Somjate said Premchai and the three co-defendants could not ask for transfer of the case again.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/appeals-court-rejects-premchais-request-to-have-his-case-transferred/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-8-27

The games played by the rich and their expensive lawyers. Over 6 months since the incident and as yet is hasn't got heard. Surprised? No-one, not a single poster on this site will be. He will be too old and sick to spend time in jail by the time this goes to all the appeals. 

13 hours ago, Lungstib said:

The games played by the rich and their expensive lawyers.

And up to now they are losing the game which is rare in Thailand. This delaying attempt has failed. All 6 charges are still pending, none dropped. So far, so good.

18 minutes ago, canopy said:

And up to now they are losing the game which is rare in Thailand. This delaying attempt has failed. All 6 charges are still pending, none dropped. So far, so good.

The power of social media.

The Generals and Ammart are doomed.

14 hours ago, Lungstib said:

The games played by the rich and their expensive lawyers. Over 6 months since the incident and as yet is hasn't got heard. Surprised? No-one, not a single poster on this site will be. He will be too old and sick to spend time in jail by the time this goes to all the appeals. 

There are thousands of protected wildlife and trees killed or cut down in Thailand every year. Why don't you go down to jatujak market. His case is a drop in the ocean. I do believe he was set up by the restaurant owner that he met 2 years ago. 

This is nothing to do with the panther. He is the director of several important companies and someone wants him out. 

He has been hounded well beyond what he deserved just because he is rich. It is a first offence. He should get a suspended sentence. 

7 minutes ago, greenchair said:

There are thousands of protected wildlife and trees killed or cut down in Thailand every year. Why don't you go down to jatujak market. His case is a drop in the ocean. I do believe he was set up by the restaurant owner that he met 2 years ago. 

This is nothing to do with the panther. He is the director of several important companies and someone wants him out. 

He has been hounded well beyond what he deserved just because he is rich. It is a first offence. He should get a suspended sentence. 

Your comments and points made are valid and probably true, but unfortunately Premchai and his team of advisors have taken the attitude that he's above the law. Had Premchai faced up to the fact, that he was caught red handed (bloody?) in the forest with the remains of protected animals, and apologized profusely and offered to make substantial reparations, he might possibly have had a less rough time. It is his overweening arrogance that has pissed off a lot of people and the higher and richer they are, the more people enjoy their fall. 

As for a suspended sentence, I agree.รู�ภา��ี���ี�ยว��อ�

6 hours ago, greenchair said:

An interesting take on the offence and had he just admitted what happened, I MAY go along with you, but, he tried to bribe and intimidate and lie his way out of it, Bury the bastuard I say. 

20 hours ago, greenchair said:

There are thousands of protected wildlife and trees killed or cut down in Thailand every year.

Thats true.

"Why don't you go down to jatujak market. His case is a drop in the ocean".  The markets full of black panthers?

"I do believe he was set up by the restaurant owner that he met 2 years ago". I dont. He had been before, enjoyed shooting, organised his friends to come. Asked for special permission.

"This is nothing to do with the panther". This is all about killing protected wildlife.

"He is the director of several important companies and someone wants him out". Maybe, but he got himself into this all on his own choice.

"He has been hounded well beyond what he deserved just because he is rich". Rubbish, if he was poor he would be in Jail.

"It is a first offence". True, first time he was caught.

"He should get a suspended sentence". Why?

13 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Thats true.

"Why don't you go down to jatujak market. His case is a drop in the ocean".  The markets full of black panthers?

"I do believe he was set up by the restaurant owner that he met 2 years ago". I dont. He had been before, enjoyed shooting, organised his friends to come. Asked for special permission.

"This is nothing to do with the panther". This is all about killing protected wildlife.

"He is the director of several important companies and someone wants him out". Maybe, but he got himself into this all on his own choice.

"He has been hounded well beyond what he deserved just because he is rich". Rubbish, if he was poor he would be in Jail.

"It is a first offence". True, first time he was caught.

"He should get a suspended sentence". Why?

I didn't say the market is full of black panthers so stop lying. I said it is full of endangered species being sold under the table.

If you have ever read the criminal code which you obviously haven't. Section 56  says the judge can take into account age, past record, behaviour, occupation,  whether he has been imprisoned before and if he is likely to commit the offence again. After considering all that the judge can give a suspended sentence with conditions such as probation, restitution and such. First offenders in most civilized countries including thailand recieve a suspended sentence. 

It's standard. 

13 hours ago, rosst said:

An interesting take on the offence and had he just admitted what happened, I MAY go along with you, but, he tried to bribe and intimidate and lie his way out of it, Bury the bastuard I say. 

Seriously ? he shot 1 black panther and a bird .

Then ate some of the parts with an age old belief that it would increase his virility. 

As for bribing. 

The only people to blame for that are the government officials themselves. One minute they are insisting on bribes and have a standard price list, then they are as pure as the driven snow and look flabergasted that someone offered a bribe. 

The official at my kid school did a big speech about the one that gives the bribe is as guilty as the one that takes it. Followed by we are a government school, we don't accept bribes. 

Half the kids in special programmes paid their way in after that speech. Apparently the lower the test score, the higher the bribe price. No receipts of course. 

When it comes to bribes government officials change like the weather. 

Archived