Snake identification

ThailandTom1

I am pretty sure that is a Malayan Pit viper but lets wait for Vern Lovic  or another true expert to weigh in and confirm it.  If I am right they are unpredictable, very venomous and not able to be relied upon to slither away if they hear you coming.  I have had a number of that snake around here, second most common snake on our land after the (almost) harmless Golden Tree Snake

Hah.  My wife is Thai and terrified of snakes.  I told her not to worry, not much risk where we live.  Then my little girl was 3 feet away and she spotted a cottonmouth in our front yard.  I killed it, have now spent  3k on fencing materials to snake proof about an acre of our land.  We're building  a house in Thailand, I'll have to do the same thing there.

Malayan pit vipers come in many color shades.  It's definitely not a cobra or a krait.  Will be curious to see a snake expert weigh in on this, looks like its head isn't triangular enough to be a Malayan viper.  

Looks a bit like Calliophis maculiceps (Speckled coral snake, Small-spotted Coral Snake), though they tend to be pretty small.  Was there any orange under the belly?

Another contender is Oligodon purpurascens (Brown Kukri Snake) https://www.thailandsnakes.com/non-venomous/brown-kukri-snake-non-venomous-not-dangerous/

https://www.thailandsnakes.com/venomous/front-fanged/small-spotted-coral-snake-venomous-potentially-dangerous/

0452.jpegspeckled-coral-snake-full-body-TS.jpgcalliophis-maculiceps.jpg

kukri-snake2.jpg

Edited by Damrongsak