Transfer of Visa Stamp to new passport

Hello, i have just had a new passport issued.

Do i need to transfer my Non Immigrant B visa onto the new passport before  i renew my visa.

Also i was told i need a letter from my embassy that i have changed passport.

My country does not have an embassy here in Thailand.

If i get a letter from an overseas embassy do i need to get it certified by the MFA here in Bangkok?

Any advice.

Thanks.

Hello, i have just had a new passport issued.

Do i need to transfer my Non Immigrant B visa onto the new passport before  i renew my visa.

If i get a letter from an overseas embassy do i need to get it certified by the MFA here in Bangkok?

Any advice.

Thanks.

Yes you need a letter from your embassy ..
When i did my renewal at Australian embassy bkk. They automatically gave me one .
My daughter did her NZ passport online and was sent away from Jomtien Imm due to no letter .
NZ embassy emailed her one , next day ..pretty good.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, comproez said:

Visas are not transferred. If you only have a 90 day entry from a non-b visa you do not not need to have your stamps transferred. It can be done on  departure from the country.

Only if you are on a extension of stay issued by immigration do you need to have your stamps transferred at immigration.

20 minutes ago, comproez said:

Whether you need the letter from the embassy or not depends upon the office you go to.

Since there is no embassy here immigration might wave the requirement for the letter.

There should be no need to have the letter from an embassy outside the country certified. If it was not in English it would need to be translated.

Yes you need a letter from your embassy ..When i did my renewal at Australian embassy bkk. They automatically gave me one .

My daughter did her NZ passport online and was sent away from Jomtien Imm due to no letter .

NZ embassy emailed her one , next day ..pretty good.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

When did you renew your passport & receive that letter from the Australian Embassy? I'm asking because a fellow Australian work colleague of mine went through this process a month ago. He had tremendous trouble trying to get this particular letter. He had a few inconvenient & time-wasting trips to both buildings. Immigration telling him he needed a letter & the Australian Embassy saying they dont provide them any more. After his third return trip to the Embassy the Thai consular officer finally gave him a photocopy of a letter from 2014 that stated that they don't provide these said letters lol. Cheers

Sent from my U FEEL PRIME using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 minutes ago, yabbra said:

When did you renew your passport & receive that letter from the Australian Embassy? I'm asking because a fellow Australian work colleague of mine went through this process a month ago. He had tremendous trouble trying to get this particular letter. He had a few inconvenient & time-wasting trips to both buildings. Immigration telling him he needed a letter & the Australian Embassy saying they dont provide them any more. After his third return trip to the Embassy the Thai consular officer finally gave him a photocopy of a letter from 2014 that stated that they don't provide these said letters lol. Cheers

I got a new Australian passport in Thailand (2 years ago), no letter but they put a note/sticker/stamp in the old passport saying "this is old passport, replaced by number 123456 etc, all visa's remain current etc". 

Edited by Peterw42

I got a new Australian passport in Thailand (2 years ago), no letter but they put a note/sticker/stamp in the old passport saying "this is old passport, replaced by number 123456 etc, all visa's remain current etc". 
That's what my colleague first provided to the immigration officer, but they wouldn't except it & insisted on a letter. I guess it's just luck of the draw on what officer you get on the day. Pain in the arse really.

• Like 1