Police Banned from Covering Face

snoop1130

Police Banned from Covering Face

by CityNews

S__12099628-1024x576.jpg

CityNews – Provincial Police Region 5 banns police from wearing flu masks to avoid covering officers’ faces.

Aligning with the Royal Thai Police policy on correct appearance, it has been announced that along with wearing tidy uniforms, and communicating with the public with respect, the police are banned from wearing flu masks as any covering of the faces are considered inappropriate.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/police-banned-covering-face/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-8-28

4 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I don't stop for them no matter what they're wearing

Me neither, also i even don't know which guard is police and who works for a private company.

Even the Toyota garage at a main road has guards who like to stop traffic so their customer can drive out easy....is that guard allowed to stop traffic?

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Me neither, also i even don't know which guard is police and who works for a private company.

Even the Toyota garage at a main road has guards who like to stop traffic so their customer can drive out easy....is that guard allowed to stop traffic?

I always Wondered if its legal for these security guards who wear uniforms very similar to police to stop traffic so their rich boss in his new  lambo can get out..... 

I usually don't stop for them either as I don't think they have any legal right to stop traffic 

36 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I always Wondered if its legal for these security guards who wear uniforms very similar to police to stop traffic so their rich boss in his new  lambo can get out..... 

I usually don't stop for them either as I don't think they have any legal right to stop traffic 

I'll drink to that. I usually just stick my hand on the horn and keep going.

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Even in our moobaan there are streets with their own guard...but they also stop me when a car comes out of their street while we all live in the same moobaan. So i don't stop for him and he knows that already so he won't try me anymore.

But also the real police they have such different uniforms that i can't see who's real and who's not. I always look for the gun if they have that i'll stop...

But mostly the ones with the moutmask and sunglasses are real police...One day they stopped and checked my license but he wouldn't take his sunglasses off (i didn't ask though) so i also kept my sunvisor down...he couldn't check my pic that way but it was alright and he let me go.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Great for the traffic flow cops in the middle of all the fumes....surely they are joking

The ban only applies when they are interacting with people. They can wear filter masks while directing traffic, riding motorcycles, etc.

9 hours ago, Puwa said:

The ban only applies when they are interacting with people. They can wear filter masks while directing traffic, riding motorcycles, etc.

The masks look like standard medical masks, good for hiding the face but useless for filtering fine particles.

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

I'll drink to that. I usually just stick my hand on the horn and keep going.

It may not be legal.

But by all means, show the locals you are superior.

Don't ever show decent behaviour.

29 minutes ago, hansnl said:

It may not be legal.

Why, these these guards have no authority outside the gate where they work.

You want to be a doormat, help yourself.

Edit

SmartyMarty, if you want to stop for every prick in a guards uniform that waves his arms and blows a whistle at you then it's up to you to feel sad about it.

14 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

It's called normal curtesy, but perhaps your time is so valuable that you can't spare a few seconds to let the car out. If so, how can you spend your time motorvating?

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

It's called normal curtesy, but perhaps your time is so valuable that you can't spare a few seconds to let the car out. If so, how can you spend your time motorvating?

Perhaps my time is more valuable than the guards.?????Joining a main road the responsibility lies with the driver entering the main road.

It is certainly not the responsibility of Somchai in company uniform.

I usually flip up the front on my helmet and retract the sunvisor along with pulling my facemask (buff) down to show my whole face clearly when going through police checks, that is except if the policeman is wearing a mask and mirror glasses, then I don't make any effort. Of course there is usually another checkpoint 10 metres further on with soldiers and they are not wearing any face cover so I then flip my helmet up and remove my face cover. 

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

It may not be legal.

I try to drive with courtesy, even when others do not. I seldom use the horn, except to avoid an accident or hazard. Plowing through life got me into trouble in the past.

Altering my arrogant and dangerous driving behaviors is a work in progress. I prefer to defer to others than to prove I'm right...right into a crash, hospitalization, jail or the cemetery.

18 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

When I am riding my motorbike in Bangkok, I just ride past them, but I do slow right down and make sure

that it is safe to carry on.

18 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Being a polite driver, I will stop when someone is trying to assist another driver to enter a busy road.  I don't care whether they have a uniform on or not.  Too many foreigners here have taken on the Thai attitude of 'Me First!' and they're the first to complain about locals and their driving skills.

Not a good example of courteous driving! 

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The person merging onto the main Rd has to give way to the people already on it because they have the RIGHT OF WAY no matter how much money he has

Do you even drive? 

8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Well said, I wonder if he ever needs the traffic stopped for him to get out? 

I suspect he does, the good old double standard. 

He does sound like a nice man. 

Archived