Ripped off at a dental visit

georgegeorgia

My old dentist has moved so today walking past the umpteen dental clinics in south  pattaya i go into one to be qouted 700 b for a teeth clean, smile clinic a double shop ,2nd dentist shophouse, past cucumber restaurant, a large girl sits as the receptionist.

so i went in only to have this young guy being rough , i had to tell him about it, 

10 minutes later the bill comes to 1200 baht,now i told him thars not what they qouted on reception,he says that he put whitening on my teeth , i didnt ask for that i said,the reception told me 700b, she has it wrong  he said,then started screaming like a ladyboy, you must psy,you must pay now !!

Rather than argue,I paid but reluctantly,he threatened to call police,who were outside doing traffic stops,he seemed to be a ladyboy,  i paid the 1200 baht for about 8 minute visit ,way less than 10 minutes, 

I used to pay 500-700 baht for a teeth clean , he didnt even use the floss ,used only the drilling machine etc, some toothpaste,electrcic toothbrush all in less than 10 minutes ,

is this now a normal rate,if it is i will just use my own countrys dentist even though im psying more i know they take about 20-30 minutes to do a proper clean,this one took about 8 minutes and still never used floss charged 1200 b about $52 Australian 

what normal price do u pay,obviously its gone up ,i dont mind paying 1200 b if he done a good job say took 20 minutes with flossing etc but using a electrcic toothbrush i coild  of done it myself , he didnt bother doing in between my teeth,oh well ripped off again , never again with these dentists they dont seem to care

i used to have a good dentist there years ago but seems he is gone 

now just stick to dentists in my own country, and most times you are,this is the se cond dentist on the left as you go past cucumber, double shophouse with a large girl on reception.

is it Smile clinic, i think  they all seem to be smile? This is directly opp Gafae coffee

Edited by georgegeorgia

Well that's still pretty reasonable. I don't think it was the world's worst rip off. I had a check up in the UK which took about 2 minutes and cost me almost 25 quid.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I tend to favour female dentists here. They are gentler and explain what they are doing. Many of the male dentists here are arrogant sods, just like the doctors.

Well the OP was halfway there!!Yes OP you were ripped off,i would have told him/her'don't bother calling the police,i will do it for you!!!'

But thats just me,i agree with Balo,good experience with Smile.

They seem to have a lot of locations.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of going to one of the dentists opposite Tukcom (can't remember the name) and got charged 1200 as well. I normally go to Hollywood Soi Lengee and the price is 6-700. I was tempted to tell them to stuff it but as was already in the chair went ahead. Would never go to any of these again.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:48 AM, fforest1 said:

It sounds like the ladyboy gave you a short time when you wanted a long time...Time to find a new ladyboy.....

The sight of any ladyboy disturbs me.  If I were the OP  I would've run out of the dental clinic as soon as the ladyboy entered the room.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I made the mistake of going to one of the dentists opposite Tukcom (can't remember the name) and got charged 1200 as well. I normally go to Hollywood Soi Lengee and the price is 6-700. I was tempted to tell them to stuff it but as was already in the chair went ahead. Would never go to any of these again.

As the OP I made that mistake too,usually i go to the first one on the left the pink one,ended up at the second one, opp cafe Gafae ,rip off ,1200 baht 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s actually more common than one would think .

The very famous and highly recommended dental smile on 3 road.

advertised price 700 baht , went and got mine done.

900 please ?

900 I asked , you have advertised price 700.

yes but your teeth very dirty so it’s 900.

You did not inform me of higher price and did not get my consent 

response an idiotic smile 

On 9/1/2018 at 6:12 AM, jvs said:

Well the OP was halfway there!!Yes OP you were ripped off,i would have told him/her'don't bother calling the police,i will do it for you!!!'

But thats just me,i agree with Balo,good experience with Smile.

They seem to have a lot of locations.

Are they the same group practice or just different dentists using the word 'Smile' in their name?