Best mobile phone coverage...

I'm planning on spending some time traveling around Thailand and wanted to know if anyone can advise on what's the best mobile phone coverage throughout the country. I'm going to get a new Sim card with a 3 or 4G internet package for emails, Line, WhatsApp etc...can anyone advise what company would be best please?

Many thanks.

AIS has the best 4G coverage in Thailand and highest data speeds. With the right data package, you also get free access to AIS wifi hotspots located in the shopping malls, Big C, etc throughout Thailand and BTS in Bangkok. True is a close second. DTAC comes in last.

It's a toss-up; you'll get anecdotal evidence from subscribers to each of the networks saying theirs is the best coverage, but fact is they are all patchy to some degree, and much of a muchness overall. If being online as much as possible is essential, use a two-SIM phone and subscribe to two services - or even two two-SIM phones and four services.

Given that prepaid plans offered by all the carriers is dirt cheap you could get both a True & AIS sim and depending on the area use the one with service... 

I would get a True as the main sim and AIS as a backup... With either prepaid sim you cam buy a monthly data package or a weekly or just one day upof data for a low price...

Archived