Bottle of 7-11 Fish Sauce Packets

utalkin2me

I have tried to buy a bottle of the fish sauce they give you in the little packets with rice dishes at the 7-11's. The packet is red and has a few chilis in it. Maybe I am crazy bit I really prefer it to anything I have had, but I can't find a bottle of it. Anyone have a photo or can describe what I should look  for, if it exists in bottle form? Thanks! 

Buy a small bottle of fish sauce and some fresh chillis.

Lever the dropper top off the sauce, slice the chillis, add to the sauce, put the top back on. Leave to infuse for a week or two.

QED.

I've never seen the ready made stuff outside the little plastic thingies.

You may be able to buy the actual plastic thingies at Makro, worth a look.

On 8/30/2018 at 5:31 PM, Crossy said:

Buy a small bottle of fish sauce and some fresh chillis.

Lever the dropper top off the sauce, slice the chillis, add to the sauce, put the top back on. Leave to infuse for a week or two.

QED.

I've never seen the ready made stuff outside the little plastic thingies.

You may be able to buy the actual plastic thingies at Makro, worth a look.

Thank you. I thought for sure those were just minitures of a larger product, kinda like packet of heinz ketchup. I guess it is more complicated that that ? 

I will tell you, i do not know what it is but i love that fish sauce. I like all of it, but that is my fav by far. Maybe i am crazy? ha.

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Thank you. I thought for sure those were just minitures of a larger product, kinda like packet of heinz ketchup. I guess it is more complicated that that ? 

I will tell you, i do not know what it is but i love that fish sauce. I like all of it, but that is my fav by far. Maybe i am crazy? ha.

They sell them at Makro, Big C, probably lots of places ... that is the plastic PACKETS. No bottles that I have ever seen. Keep us updated though. Godspeed

19 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

They sell them at Makro, Big C, probably lots of places ... that is the plastic PACKETS. No bottles that I have ever seen. Keep us updated though. Godspeed

Thanks. Got a makro right by me too. I normally never leave the fish and produce section. Will have a look. 

Archived