Royal Enfield

findlay13

safe_image.php?d=AQAZLydbnTnaCiZW&w=540&h=282&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorcycmagazine.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2FRoyal-Enfield-Fury-650-based-on-Interceptor-650.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQApJjXQBqFz00ge

Royal Enfield Fury 650 ‘Flat Tracker’ ดีไซน์บนพื้นฐานของ Interceptor 650

MCMASTER3 WEEKS AGO0  0 Royal-Enfield-Fury-650-based-on-Interceptor-650

Royal Enfield จะเปิดตัวมอเตอร์ไซค์สูบคู่พิกัด 650 ตัวใหม่ ช่วงเทศกาลดิวาลี ในประเทศอินเดีย โดยมีนักออกแบบ Oberdan Bezzi ได้เรนเดอร์เจ้า Fury 650 ‘Flat Tracker’ ที่ใช้พื้นฐานของ Interceptor 650 ว่าหน้าตาที่จะออกมาน่าจะเป็นอย่างไร

Royal-Enfield-Fury-650-based-on-Interceptor-650

Royal Enfield Fury 650 ที่ออกแบบมาในสไตล์ ‘Flat Tracker’ จะใช้ถังเชื้อเพลิงที่มีขนาดเล็กกว่าของเดิม บังโคลนหน้า-หลังสั้นลง ส่วนท้ายออกแบบมาให้สั้นคู่กับเบาะนั่งยาวตอนเดียว ไฟท้ายออกแบบใหม่ แฮนด์บาร์มาเป็นสไตล์แฟลตแทร็กเกอร์ และโช้คหน้าเป็นแบบ USD หัวกลับ ด้านล้อยางสับเปลี่ยนเป็นแบบ knobby ของ Dunlop นอกจากนี้ทางผู้ออกแบบยังใช้แชสซีและสวิงอาร์มเดิม ไม่มีการปรับเปลี่ยนใดๆ

Royal-Enfield-Interceptor-650-1Royal-Enfield-Interceptor-650-2

คาดว่า Royal Enfield Fury 650 ‘Flat Tracker’ ยังคงใช้ขุมพลังเดียวกับ Interceptor 650 ด้วยเครื่องยนต์ขนาด 648 ซีซี SOHC ระบายความร้อนด้วยน้ำ สามารถทำกำลังสูงสุด 47 แรงม้า @ 7,100 รอบ/นาที มีแรงบิดสูงสุด 52นิวตันเมตร @ 5,250 รอบ/นาที ทำงานคู่กับระบบเกียร์ตัวใหม่ 6 สปีด

ตัวจริงของ Royal Enfield Fury 650 ‘Flat Tracker’ จะสวยจริงเทียบเท่าภาพเรนเดอร์เบอร์ไหน เราคงต้องมาลุ้นกัน…

I just saw this, the 650 flat Tracker.
.Doesn't look too bad IMO.

Agree. Hope they sort out the ‘gremlins’ in the 650 before worldwide release and not have the hick-ups unfortunately experience with the Himalayan release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I just saw this, the 650 flat Tracker.

.Doesn't look too bad IMO.

Yabbut, i just can't get my head round the "reverse image" of the bottom end of the motor.

Ya know, "timing" cover on the wrong side, "primary" cover on the wrong side.

Just don't look right compared to the original or every other Brit bike ever made.

4 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yabbut, i just can't get my head round the "reverse image" of the bottom end of the motor.

Ya know, "timing" cover on the wrong side, "primary" cover on the wrong side.

Just don't look right compared to the original or every other Brit bike ever made.

I agree .There's no photos of the other side with the ugly egg shaped cover.As we have said, all they needed to do was make something that looked like the old interceptor  .

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:33 AM, lemonjelly said:

The Bullet’s side mirrors are unusable due to vibration, there’s reports of white finger syndrome from riders, it’s 1950’s engineering come back to haunt us.

No, not 1950's engineering, just Indian design and manufacturing  quality, courtesy of the Tamil Nadu facility.  ?

19 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Do they not have an R & D department in UK now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they bought out the old Harris Engineering, which were not reknowned as a bunch of chumps. Over 100 British engineers and designers working there.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, lemonjelly said:

The Bullet’s side mirrors are unusable due to vibration, there’s reports of white finger syndrome from riders, it’s 1950’s engineering come back to haunt us.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I doubt that with the new 650 parallel twins shown above, they probably run a balancer shaft and will be as vibration free as any other 650 twin.

If you are talking about the 500 singles, well every 350-500 single with a heavy flywheel ever made vibrates, it's part of the charm, and can't be eradicated without going down the route of ridiculous light flywheels, and very short strokes. In which case you may as well buy a KTM or a Honda.

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No, not 1950's engineering, just Indian design and manufacturing  quality, courtesy of the Tamil Nadu facility.  ?

Do keep up at the back there.

If you want to add something creditable in the motorcycle section, do keep up to date with current manufacturing, design and factory capability in the Enfield factories in the 21st century please. Ever since Eicher bought out Royal Enfield, quality control and manufacturing have come bang right up to date.

20 years ago, you had a point, but not now.

And me being a Luddite, I actually preferred the product 20 years ago.....

36 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Yeah, they bought out the old Harris Engineering, which were not reknowned as a bunch of chumps. Over 100 British engineers and designers working there.

I doubt that with the new 650 parallel twins shown above, they probably run a balancer shaft and will be as vibration free as any other 650 twin.

If you are talking about the 500 singles, well every 350-500 single with a heavy flywheel ever made vibrates, it's part of the charm, and can't be eradicated without going down the route of ridiculous light flywheels, and very short strokes. In which case you may as well buy a KTM or a Honda.

Do keep up at the back there.

If you want to add something creditable in the motorcycle section, do keep up to date with current manufacturing, design and factory capability in the Enfield factories in the 21st century please. Ever since Eicher bought out Royal Enfield, quality control and manufacturing have come bang right up to date.

20 years ago, you had a point, but not now.

And me being a Luddite, I actually preferred the product 20 years ago.....

Actually, I have kept up. I am not convinced as to either the reliability or quality of   Eicher's Enfield unit products because of the poor quality issues associated with its much promoted Himalayan model. They were notable.  No matter how modern a factory may be, the motorcycle has a dismal reputation. The brand in itself  has had a rather awful reputation over the years too.  Can you really say with a straight face that the Enfield products are as reliable and trustworthy as the dependable Japanese brands? 

I was not  surprised to learn that until 2016, the Enfield motorcycles did not undergo a  pre delivery inspection as thorough as the Japanese brands or even the much maligned Vespa family. Apparently,  Enfield  duid not even have a PDI unit until 2016. Is it any wonder then that  the shiny Indian machines were delivered with defects and mechanical issues that would never have been  found with Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda,  Vespa etc. And speaking of  Vespa, remember that  South African guy who came from the Piaggio? Described as the bringer of credibility and quality, he lasted less than 2 years at Enfield before he left the company under "mysterious" circumstances.

Yes, it's wonderful that Eicher purchased  what some called moribound Harris Performance. However,  what exactly had Harris been doing since it lost the relationship with  its marquee client Yamaha in 2002?  They were going to take on the factory teams and set the  racing circuit ablaze with their innovation blah blah. How well did that work out? I can't recall much success for them after 2002. Can you cite anything cutting edge or anything innovative from them in the past 15 years? Didn't  Eicher pick up the company in 2015 to address the complaints about quality and this was a quick fix to a serious problem. From what I have read, the jury is still out on  Enfield's quality improvements.

I get it. Some people fancy the design or paint job or even the name. If they are happy,  that is all that matters. However, I put a value on quality and reliability and I am not seduced by the use of a name slapped onto a product that comes from a region not known for reliability nor quality. I recognize that country quality changes with time, as South Korea has proven with its automobile sector, going from substandard to high quality in  two decades. Unfortunately, I don't think that transformation has even started with the Indian manufacturing sector, since their export market is less focused on the  countries where quality, reliability and safety are valued.

24 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

and I am not seduced by the use of a name slapped onto a product that comes from a region not known for reliability nor quality.

Er, that name has been "slapped" on Enfield tanks since 1955.

Without checking, there must be 100's of 1000's of the things running around India. Back in the day, it was THE most sensible form of 2 wheeled transport for THAT country. Before the advent of cheap 100cc 2 strokes in the 60's & 70's and later, small 4 strokes.

Without checking, I believe the Brits (Royal Enfield England) stopped making the Bullet once the Indians took over.

29 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

How well did that work out? I can't recall much success for them after 2002.

Er, not genned up on roundy-bout racing, but i'm sure Yamaha & Rossi & Lorenzo have won a few world championships in that time.

30 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

are as reliable and trustworthy as the dependable Japanese brands

Don't know, don't care. I have not owned a Japanese road m/cycle since 1978/9.

The modern stuff. They do nothing for me. They leave me cold.

I would rather have a European, American brand any day of the week. Warts, foibles and oil leaks and all.

Oh and an Enfield.

Preferably an older one with drum brakes, a separate gearbox and even more quality control issues than a new one.

Have a nice day.

Archived