Kirk Douglas, 101, Lovingly Gazes at 8-Month-Old Great-Granddaughter in Sweet Generational Photo

snoop1130

Kirk Douglas, 101, Lovingly Gazes at 8-Month-Old Great-Granddaughter in Sweet Generational Photo

By ALEXIA FERNANDEZ

dferte.JPG

Cameron Douglas/Instagram

It’s all in the family!

Kirk Douglas spent some family time with one of the youngest members of his family.

The screen legend, 101, smiled down at his great-granddaughter Lua Izzy at his home in a photograph shared by his grandson, Cameron Douglas, on Instagram Tuesday.

In the black-and-white photo, the 8-month-old baby girl sat by her great-grandfather’s feet as Kirk, who wore sunglasses, lovingly gazed at her and held out his hand.

Full Story: https://people.com/parents/kirk-douglas-great-granddaughter-generational-photo/

I knew an old lady in Plymouth years ago , insisted on her 100th birthday to walk to a special dinner from the lobby to the second floor of a hotel. When asked if anything bothered her she said ' My son doesn't come to see me much ".    Her son was 83 and lived 20 miles away bless.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

The gentleman suffered significant facial paralysis from his stroke. He has a frozen face such that he appears to smile, when he is not.

Better to be frozen in a smile then a frown would you not say ?

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

The gentleman suffered significant facial paralysis from his stroke. He has a frozen face such that he appears to smile, when he is not.

And apparently wrote a very inspiring book on his recovery called 'My Stroke of Luck'.

Not read it myself, but it's reported to have helped many people in similar situations

Archived