Rice Crispy Cereal

kyb789

Has anyone seen the infamous Rice Crispy cereal or equivalent puffed rice cereal? My searches have been in vain. You would think the land of rice would have one in every grain type. Why is it missing from the shelves?

Thanks in advance for the help. You all have been great help in the past.

Has anyone seen the infamous Rice Crispy cereal or equivalent puffed rice cereal? My searches have been in vain. You would think the land of rice would have one in every grain type. Why is it missing from the shelves?

Thanks in advance for the help. You all have been great help in the past.

I buy them all the time for my son.

Most of the major stores have them.

Foodland on Soi 5.

Villa Markets (but always make sure you check the sell by date)

Carrefour

Sorry, but why bother. No marshmallows, no rice crispie squares. :o

Thanks to a previous poster I've tracked down marshmellows! Thong Lor Soi 18 Villa Market. They show up occasionally. I'm looking forward to some awesome crispy treats... :D

"...Most of the major stores have them.....but always make sure you check the sell by date."

True, they're around. But sometimes sporadically.

Related to this idea is that of missing cereals from your home. My deal is that I mainly go without but with annual trips home, or with friends visiting, I make sure there is a box or two of cereal packed. I miss all kinds out here so if it's junky kids cereal, or serious no-sugar cereal, it's still a treat.

I just can't stand the idea of paying an unusually high price for a smaller-than-usual box here. Back home if you hit a Costco you get a double box for ridiculously cheap. Last year I brought Cheerios and Frosted Mini Wheats. This year I brought Golden Crisps honey covered wheat cereal. Keeps great in the freezer.

On a side note, I also sometimes buy bulk bags of rolled oats and 1 kilo bags ofraisins from the bakery supply store in town. Prices beat the pants off stores that cater to Farang. No fancy package, but the product is great.