Darasamut Underpass to close for maintenance

webfact

Darasamut Underpass to close for maintenance

By The Thaiger

1_201653018113199_TcGKRQMtNcumEUJVucOook

The Phuket Highway Office has issued an announcement that says the Darasamut Underpass (adjacent to Central Festival) will be closed from 9am to 3pm on Wednesday (September 5).

Mr Somwang says, “Both the northbound and southbound lanes through the underpass will be temporary closed.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/darasamut-underpass-to-close-for-maintenance

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-31

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Just opened and already needs maintenance.

Of course, it's Ital - Thai !

Not that recent.

Ital; Thai did a good job of working fast, it is the other company that is causing delay after delay, both on the Chalong underpass and the Tesco one.

A week or so ago while heading north on the highway I was commenting on all the  building projects underway and how much money is being spent in this so-called dying Province

The  Honey Bee (?) hotel, the massive King Power duty free shopping mall dwarfing the existing one,  the huge block of condos on the Honda corner and of course the soon to open, Central mall.

Then we entered the underpass where I noted all the sand and rubbish on the edge of the road and made the comment that there was apparently no money to buy a simple street sweeper to keep it clean.

I'm not surprised that they are closing it again to maintain the water pumps!

10 minutes ago, madmitch said:

They could, of course, do the job at night in order to minimise disruption but for some reason that concept is rather alien to Phuket contractors on public projects. Chalong Underpass, for example, seems strictly 8:30 until 5:00. 

I was thinking much the same. Or even do the work at the weekend.  I suppose they think rush hour over by 09.00 and not start again until after 15.00. Quite honestly that road is very busy all day.