online 90 days reporting: date of arrival?

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Your friends son could just stop getting extensions and doing 90 day reports, if immigration police ever asks about it show them that he is Thai (or show them once in advance so they can put it in their computer).

As long as he is a child he can't be fined anyway, so he could even just leave with his UK passport. If he is over 15 when he leaves he should have a Thai passport before leaving and just use this one.

He original entered on a 30 day Visa exempt.

He only started getting extensions when his Mother was fined 20,000 baht for her sons overstay.

He has always been registered on the Mothers Tabien Baan.

They don't get an ID card until 7 years old.

What they should do is entirely up to them, but the fact remains he enter as a British citizen on a UK passport so is an 'alien' under the Immigration Act' and is being treated as such. Showing proof of Thai nationality once in Thailand to Immigration doesn't change anything.

He should have entered using his Thai ID (passport) in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

He only started getting extensions when his Mother was fined 20,000 baht for her sons overstay.

Just because the mother doesn't educate herself about the laws in her own country and an immigration officer exploits this situation to extort money doesn't make it right.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Just because the mother doesn't educate herself about the laws in her own country and an immigration officer exploits this situation to extort money doesn't make it right.

I never said it was right.

If a Thai enters on a foreign passport, they are entering as an 'alien' and the Immigration laws apply to them just as they do to us.

That's as succinct as I can be.

Turn the situation around.

A Thai with dual nationality Brit/Thai passports tries to go to the UK.

They'd be denied boarding if they only showed a Thai passport.

They'd be denied entry if they only showed their Thai passport at UK Immigration.

That's because you need a Visa to enter the UK if your using Thai ID.

Thailand allows a 30 day Visa exempt on entry to most nationals, so the fact a Thai enters using a foreign passport isn't picked up, or entry refused. They then have the problem of rectifying the situation if they don't want to be under Immigration control as an 'alien'.

Your argument they are 'Thai' by birth or nationality is negated if they chose to enter as 'alien'

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Turn the situation around.

A Thai with dual nationality Brit/Thai passports tries to go to the UK.

They'd be denied boarding if they only showed a Thai passport.

They'd be denied entry if they only showed their Thai passport at UK Immigration.

That's because you need a Visa to enter the UK if your using Thai ID.

First of all to "turn the situation around" you would have to look at a situation like this:

UK/Thai dual citizen applies for a UK visa with his Thai passport (does of course not make sense, but is possible). Then he uses this passport/visa to enter the UK and overstays his visa. What would happen?

But such a comparison doesn't make any sense because the UK probably has completely different laws regarding such a situation than Thailand. As i said before, a Thai can not be fined for missing 90 day reports or overstay when using a foreign passport because these laws only address "aliens" and using a foreign passport doesn't make him one.

Did we ever have any case here of a Thai being prosecuted by a court for breaking Thai immigration laws addressing aliens?

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

As i said before, a Thai can not be fined for missing 90 day reports or overstay when using a foreign passport because these laws only address "aliens" and using a foreign passport doesn't make him one.

Take your argument to Immigration.

Why do you think UJ gave this advise in another topic when entering a Thai enters on a foreign passport.

If she enters on her Australian passport she could get a one year extension at immigration as a returning Thai national. Then after getting her Thai passport she would need to fly out and back to use it for entry.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1055504-wife-returning/?page=1

Why do you think she has to apply for an 'extension'?

Why do you think she has to fly out and return on her Thai passport?

A 'Thai' would have to do neither.

If as you insist, she is Thai, then why can't she show her Thai ID as you suggested, to correct her entry as a Thai and not a foreigner.

Because it would be their mistake and there problem to resolve it.

It doesn't matter what you claim your nationality to be, it's the nationality you entered the Country as that matters.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:22 PM, wgdanson said:

Really?

Listen , wddanson! We need more that a puny "Really" to make an argument hold in university and the same could be said on TV. I don't expect a 100 pages' thesis, but defending bureaucratic incompetence like you do and with just a few words --and nonchalantly-- isn't helping making the world a better place. You seem to like vagueness and incompetence. I don't. To each its own. I hope you get to experience what you seem to thrive on.

Here is an example of a blunder and some loose wording. There is no check and balance and there should be effective and anonymous ways to address these blunders. In fairness, I have not tried yet the phone numbers they provide. I will report back.

1732274046_immigrationblunders.png.3e329b67d8a286512f555cbec26fcf20.png

As to the issue at hand, the word "arrival" without the word "last" is an indication of lack of precision that I am talking about and it causes me and others to make inferences, which puts ME in a unfavourable situation. I must assume and you know what assume stands for. Some do not question and some do not seem to address issues. The AO that dealt with my file made 2 errors. I shut up. I had to stress to find out what was going on. No excuse. She berated my wife in public when she attempted to clarify. I guess her ego was being attacked. It was my wife's error! Do they all this Napoleon's complex? Many do. Still no hours of opening on the 2nd floor at Promenada in Chiang Mai. They open the shop on time, but the lady with the verification of address forms came late when I went there. I told her politely: "May I suggest you add a few more signs. Where is the hours of operation' sign? Why is there no sign about the lining up procedure?"I think they thrive on errors they cause (they get extra money) and that is why they don't change them. Maybe they do it deliberately.

I understand your angle. You are okay with making the inferences. I think it is important to let people know that there is ambiguity as people might not even be aware that there are ambiguities.

2.png

2 hours ago, JestSetter said:

Here is an example of a blunder and some loose wording. There is no check and balance and there should be effective and anonymous ways to address these blunders. In fairness, I have not tried yet the phone numbers they provide. I will report back.

I have seen that message come up when I did not enter the captcha after opening the page for a long time. When it comes up do a refresh of the captcha image.png.067c4d471e1224f342d41732ebce28b9.png  and try again.

This message image.png.b87846e94cdeb644e8c83551ec7984f4.png actually means your record could not be found.

It can be caused by a error in the info entered in the one of the required fields. Or a entry prior to 2013 or a new passport since your last entry. That message has been discussed in the pinned topic about online 90 day reporting dozens of times since it was started over 3 years ago.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen that message come up when I did not enter the captcha after opening the page for a long time. When it comes up do a refresh of the captcha image.png.067c4d471e1224f342d41732ebce28b9.png  and try again.

This message image.png.b87846e94cdeb644e8c83551ec7984f4.png actually means your record could not be found.

It can be caused by a error in the info entered in the one of the required fields. Or a entry prior to 2013 or a new passport since your last entry. That message has been discussed in the pinned topic about online 90 day reporting dozens of times since it was started over 3 years ago.

Thanks, Joe. I have entered a message there, but, as stated there, I have followed your recommendations to the letter, done it multiple times, but to no avail. 

There are 270 pages of messages to read there. Could you please give me the Cole's note of the dozen times that this has been discussed because if everyone must read 270 pages to do their 90 days reporting (due to some quirk in the system, it seems to defeat the purpose of the expedient online reporting. LOL 

Thanks.