6,000 Bangkok drug busts in 2 months, but trend unclear

snoop1130

6,000 Bangkok drug busts in 2 months, but trend unclear

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__34332710-696x522.jpg

Police line up for a photo-op to take credit for drug arrests and seizures in a two month period in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Police said Friday that more than 6,000 drug offenders were busted across the capital in the past two months, an apparent increase over just two years ago.

A deputy metro police chief said an operation that began in July and ended Thursday netted more than 13 million speed pills and 188 kilograms of meth. They also seized over 500 kilograms of marijuana and hemp, which are scheduled for legal medical use.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2018/08/31/6000-bangkok-drug-busts-in-2-months-but-trend-unclear/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-8-31

''500 kilograms of marijuana and hemp, which are scheduled for legal medical use''

As an ex cancer sufferer i applaud this statement and want to shout it from the rooftops.

The only person you would wish the pain of chemotherapy on is your worst enemy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

I keep reading these stories about Yaba, and crystal meth all garbage. Whats wrong with good old fashioned Ganja which should have been legalized long ago and the tax income in the Thai coffers?

So you think the druggies will buy the legal stuff..?

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So you think the druggies will buy the legal stuff..?

So you think... at all? ?

You don't have an opinion about drugs. 

Having an opinion means you have weighed an issue,  looked at both sides, as every WOD abolitionist  has, and done some thinking, hard work, thinking.

That's why British doctors want to legalize everything. 

You're just regurgitating propaganda.

6000 in two months. 

If that's dealers, the cops should just go home.

It's over.

You've lost. 

If that's users... 

You're still pissing up a hemp rope. 

Legalise 

Tax

Control

There is no logical reason to criminalise a human being for simply choosing to ingest a substance. 

Crimes commuted under the influence,  yes jail. 

Getting harmlessly trashed with your mates? 

There'd likely be less crime overall if they just let people get loaded and bang. 

3 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

So you think... at all? ?

You don't have an opinion about drugs. 

Having an opinion means you have weighed an issue,  looked at both sides, as every WOD abolitionist  has, and done some thinking, hard work, thinking.

That's why British doctors want to legalize everything. 

You're just regurgitating propaganda.

You don't know how I think about stuff.....

Folk think if they make puff legal all will be fixed and gov make money....What will happen is the same as cigarettes because of cost and taxes, get the stuff in by any means to sell cheaper..Which means dodgy dope will not disappear...

20 minutes ago, transam said:

You don't know how I think about stuff.....

Folk think if they make puff legal all will be fixed and gov make money....What will happen is the same as cigarettes because of cost and taxes, get the stuff in by any means to sell cheaper..Which means dodgy dope will not disappear...

Your point Being?  

People don't sell fake cigarettes,  they steal and bootleg real ones, so I'm missing your point.  That's a customs crime,  not a drug crime. 

How many cig bootleggers are making Billions?  None.  Because cigarettes are legal and controlled. 

It's drugs being criminalized and therefore uncontrolled,  against all evidence that from every angle,  be it true control, eradication,  education,  health,  addiction,  cost,  prison populations,  the approach is not just a failure,  but a disaster that is now destabilising nations that's at issue. 

What's dodgy dope?  

In Thailand we can grow any fruit, except maybe cherries and apples,  but we still buy the stuff in most cases.

Why would dope,  or even meth be different?

Do you seriously believe every kid would get Hooked?  If so,  where are the underage Alcoholics? 

They sell the drug alcohol freely,  after all.

Wine taxes are high,  I don't get offered dodgy Shiraz on Sukhumvit road. 

Why would I buy dodgy shit from a scummer,  if the pharmacy sell me pure,  measured (safe)  Meth? 

Why do people  apply illogical thinking to drugs?  They're a commodity like bananas.  

Ban bananas, and exactly the same thing would happen. 

Trafficking. 

A commodity is not evil. 

Prohibition attracts criminals,  criminals are evil. 

Pharmacy legality is the way to go. 

Not every problem  would be solved,  just most of them we currently face with this failed war... 

Edited by Small Joke

17 hours ago, wombat said:

''500 kilograms of marijuana and hemp, which are scheduled for legal medical use''

As an ex cancer sufferer i applaud this statement and want to shout it from the rooftops.

The only person you would wish the pain of chemotherapy on is your worst enemy.

I understand you but Thailand have a serious drug problem ice yaba etc 

48 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I understand you but Thailand have a serious drug problem ice yaba etc 

This is a serious question to you Henrik. 

Can you,  or anyone else,  precisely  quantify, in medical harm terms,  what the exact 'casualty' figures currently are with Methamphetamine use, for the vast majority of casual users? 

Students staying awake,  party lovers,  even heaven forfend professional drivers (I agree driving while impaired on any substance is an offence,  as it should be!) 

I don't want a list of harms,  we can all agree it's not good in excess. 

But neither is cheesecake. 

I want a list of patients, even victims of meth induced violence,  where are they?    

With these amounts being seized,  we should be seeing: daily psychotic Meth related episodes.  Right?

So there was one,  last month, in Pattaya, the stabby hubby.  Versus how many drunken brawls where death or serious injury occurred?

Where are the Addicts?  

Where are all the meth mouths among the famed Thai Smiles?  

Where are ANY reports from hospitals or any other outfit, such as police,  or prisons,  where it's available just like the streets,  detailing the exact 'ravages' to Thai society? Which by these amounts,  and all accounts, should be an epidemic?

There are none. 

It's mostly lies designed to demonise the substance as part of the war on the poor, sorry,  I meant drugs. It didn't start as a war on the poor,  it has become that by default. 

This one hit and you're hooked scare is a myth too.  

Most users outgrow the drug. 

It has medical applictions in  pediatrics, of all fields,  yes, that's right, some young kids get prescribed  meth in the UK. 

The addicts that do exist would be addicts if you put them on a desert island,  they'd get addicted to masturbation,  coconuts,  suntanning (yes, it's an addiction) Anything! 

Again,  Henrik,  or anyone,  please show me the 'epidemic' in actual harm numbers, facts, death toll, not echo chamber boilerplate scary and hollow meeja cliches. 

While you're at it, explain why General Paiboon fresh back from UNIDOC declared the drug war lost, here on TV, two years ago,  and called for a decriminalization approach to weed,  heroin,  and meth. As have the UK Royal College of Physicians.  

Anyone?  

PS: Calling prohibition  abolitionists 'drug lovers' is not an insult. 

Even though Leunig said, there are only two frameworks [to life] love and fear.

Edited by Small Joke

On 9/2/2018 at 3:20 AM, Small Joke said:

This is a serious question to you Henrik. 

Can you,  or anyone else,  precisely  quantify, in medical harm terms,  what the exact 'casualty' figures currently are with Methamphetamine use, for the vast majority of casual users? 

Students staying awake,  party lovers,  even heaven forfend professional drivers (I agree driving while impaired on any substance is an offence,  as it should be!) 

I don't want a list of harms,  we can all agree it's not good in excess. 

But neither is cheesecake. 

I want a list of patients, even victims of meth induced violence,  where are they?    

With these amounts being seized,  we should be seeing: daily psychotic Meth related episodes.  Right?

So there was one,  last month, in Pattaya, the stabby hubby.  Versus how many drunken brawls where death or serious injury occurred?

Where are the Addicts?  

Where are all the meth mouths among the famed Thai Smiles?  

Where are ANY reports from hospitals or any other outfit, such as police,  or prisons,  where it's available just like the streets,  detailing the exact 'ravages' to Thai society? Which by these amounts,  and all accounts, should be an epidemic?

There are none. 

It's mostly lies designed to demonise the substance as part of the war on the poor, sorry,  I meant drugs. It didn't start as a war on the poor,  it has become that by default. 

This one hit and you're hooked scare is a myth too.  

Most users outgrow the drug. 

It has medical applictions in  pediatrics, of all fields,  yes, that's right, some young kids get prescribed  meth in the UK. 

The addicts that do exist would be addicts if you put them on a desert island,  they'd get addicted to masturbation,  coconuts,  suntanning (yes, it's an addiction) Anything! 

Again,  Henrik,  or anyone,  please show me the 'epidemic' in actual harm numbers, facts, death toll, not echo chamber boilerplate scary and hollow meeja cliches. 

While you're at it, explain why General Paiboon fresh back from UNIDOC declared the drug war lost, here on TV, two years ago,  and called for a decriminalization approach to weed,  heroin,  and meth. As have the UK Royal College of Physicians.  

Anyone?  

PS: Calling prohibition  abolitionists 'drug lovers' is not an insult. 

Even though Leunig said, there are only two frameworks [to life] love and fear.

I will not go down to your level and arguing about hard drugs 

try looking news or online or even better ask some Thai people with a family member on drugs 

I know drug lovers will always say drugs is harmless but it is not 

End of my comment on this story 

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I will not go down to your level and arguing about hard drugs 

try looking news or online or even better ask some Thai people with a family member on drugs 

I know drug lovers will always say drugs is harmless but it is not 

End of my comment on this story 

I wish that were true. The war on drugs is a war on the people. Like all wars based on prohibition it can never be won. Supported by ill informed hypocrites and sanctimonious cowards hiding behind the skirts of dubious legality, the so called war on drugs promotes police corruption and delegitimizes the judicial process. The anti drug obsessive on this forum campaign for hate and intolerance..Not for harm reduction. And non of them admit 99% of drug users are recreational drug users who are only criminalized by these stupid laws. In every other respect they live normal lives and are part of society. 

23 hours ago, The manic said:

I wish that were true. The war on drugs is a war on the people. Like all wars based on prohibition it can never be won. Supported by ill informed hypocrites and sanctimonious cowards hiding behind the skirts of dubious legality, the so called war on drugs promotes police corruption and delegitimizes the judicial process. The anti drug obsessive on this forum campaign for hate and intolerance..Not for harm reduction. And non of them admit 99% of drug users are recreational drug users who are only criminalized by these stupid laws. In every other respect they live normal lives and are part of society. 

Live normal life's???? 

Do you want be operated by doctors on drugs or sit in a bus with a driver on drugs or send your children in school where the teacher high on drugs or leave your young baby in a kindergarten where the adults take a line or something more nasty 

drug user seems to see pink elephant as normal 

but meaby you will change your mind when a drug addicted person attack you or your family members or break in your house and meaby hurt someone 

Sorry I don't understand drug lovers mind but I do understand what drugs do to people and this addiction is real danger to society