Dollar rises for second day as U.S., Canada end talks with no deal

rooster59

1 minute ago, neeray said:

Yeap, you got the Tramp stamp alright. I watched much of the funeral coverage for the "true hero". Never once did I hear the name of your idol mentioned. But I did hear a helluva a lot of veiled comments where speakers just could not resist drawing a comparison to the real hero and the nothing burger.

Correction: I did hear the Trump name spoken by commentators when they noted that he was not invited, more correctly, that he was not wanted and told to stay away.

I believe he was inventing facts to honor the current POTUS.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

Smart Canadians? 

Yes, "smart Canadians". We don't have to tell people that we are "genius". Only idiots do that. Nor do we have to brag and lie in perpetuity in an attempt to bolster our image. Only idiots do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Unlike the case of Mexico, there is no serious prejudice among Americans against Canada for reasons both good and bad. The good reason is that Canada pays its worker better than the US when health benefits are included. The bad reason is that in the minds of most Americans, Canadians are mostly white so won't draw racial animus. Trump is going to have a very uphill battle to make Americans anti-Canadian.

Americans Like Canada Most, North Korea Least

https://news.gallup.com/poll/228293/americans-canada-north-korea-least.aspx

Interesting poll.  I noticed that S. Korea was rather high on the list...which makes me rather impressed that my fellow Americans can tell the difference between N. and S. Korea.  But this kind of stood out...

[Overall, the number of countries and areas where majorities disapprove of U.S. leadership more than tripled from 15 in 2016 to a record 53 in 2017, coinciding with the change from the Barack Obama administration to the Trump administration.]

That's not MAGA! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Forget it. You have a Trump stamp on your forehead. Let's leave this conversation until after November. Your all-pro-Trump attitude might be adjusted severely by then (if not before).

Folks that like the Big Don, or like him more than the alternative, all 63 million of them, truly dont give a hoot what a bunch of furriners say.

But rather than get into the ins and outs, what say ye: China, Russia or the US. Thats your choice in life. 

And when the Russkies decide to grab some of your far North, its gonna be old Badger hair or his equivalent that sends in the Air Force.

Y'all keep badmouthing the USA. Keep in mind that the good ol USA makes it possible for small little countries with pathetic pipsqueak militaries to survive. So sooner or later, your government will see the light.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Y'all keep badmouthing the USA. Keep in mind that the good ol USA makes it possible for small little countries with pathetic pipsqueak militaries to survive. So sooner or later, your government will see the light.

Ahh come on. We have a great navy. Last I heard, 3 canoes and a kayak.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Folks that like the Big Don, or like him more than the alternative, all 63 million of them, truly dont give a hoot what a bunch of furriners say.

But rather than get into the ins and outs, what say ye: China, Russia or the US. Thats your choice in life. 

And when the Russkies decide to grab some of your far North, its gonna be old Badger hair or his equivalent that sends in the Air Force.

Once again, it's necessary to point out that in by-elections  in 2017 and 2018, Republicans are mostly running well behind where they did in 2016. So his support has certainly shrunk  And it's very unlikely that 63 million Americans were ever enamored of Trump in the first place, they just preferred him over Cliinton.

And Canada is certainly a lot more popular with Americans than any politician. And if you had been following the Nafta question, you'd know that there are plenty of Republican senators who oppose Trump's exclusion of Canada.

As for Russia invading Canada, go write a screenplay. A Canadian version of Red Dawn. About as believable.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I never badmouth the USA.  I just badmouth Trump because I hate the orange baboon. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I never badmouth the USA.  I just badmouth Trump because I hate the orange baboon. 

If he thinks badmouthing Trump is badmouthing the USA, then over half the USA is badmouthing the USA.

• Thanks 1