New Work Permit rules confirmed by Phuket Employment Office Chief

rooster59

1 hour ago, philthebook said:

“Foreigners are now able to work anywhere in the country without registering the change in their work permit, but each foreigner’s employer must be listed in the work permit.

"There is not even any legal requirement for foreigners to inform his office of any changes, he added."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"allowing foreigners with work permits to legally work in any field, anywhere in the country, for any employer as long as the work being done in not on the list of occupations prohibited to foreigners."

wow. I can perform brain surgery now. I'm off the Bangkok Hospital to let them know. :cheesy:

Some jobs not only require a work permit but also a license, like a doctor and a teacher. Without a license you can still not do these jobs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"allowing foreigners with work permits to legally work in any field, anywhere in the country, for any employer as long as the work being done in not on the list of occupations prohibited to foreigners."

wow. I can perform brain surgery now. I'm off the Bangkok Hospital to let them know. :cheesy:

So you are going to be a urologist???????

• Haha 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u will not av time with 50 million waiting for said relief....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Preacher said:

Some jobs not only require a work permit but also a license, like a doctor and a teacher. Without a license you can still not do these jobs.

I was going to ask about teaching. Since everyone now has to study for a teacher's license then does this new law affect that? 

you say not but are you sure? 

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, pogal said:

I was going to ask about teaching. Since everyone now has to study for a teacher's license then does this new law affect that? 

Thanks.

Yes, I am sure. That teachers require a license is in a different law., the teachers act. That has not been changed.

See it like this, the new rules allows you to become a driver on one of those new bath buses. But to drive you still need a drivers license, work permit or not.

• Like 2

When they come for you they will find a reason to impose an on the spot fine. I worked for a franchise in Thailand and every location got hit roughly every 2 years. My location was the only one that actually went to court. The officials don't care about the actual laws. I have plenty of crazy stories including customers being rounded up for wearing a tshirt they purchased showing the companies information. Over 10 years I never saw anything that made it easier to have a company with a work permit and I still doubt this is any improvement. Now we are back in New Zealand the NZ govt is encouraging my thai girl to work and add to the economy. It could not be any different to the situation I faced in Thailand. Now it is going to sound like I am complaining but I tolerated it for ten years so life cant have been that bad. It is a matter of knowing how the system works and having a good lawyer on speed dial.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

..that's definitely not on the list.

2 hours ago, pogal said:

Thanks.

Only schools under the MoE require a teacher to have a licence. I don't see how the work permit rule changes will affect this. It sounds not that teachers with  WP will be able to do extra private teaching legally. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, crickets said:

I just left my job as a teacher and the school never cancelled the work permit and i still have it...does this mean i can renew it myself and still use it anywhere?

You still need an employer, who needs to submit documents to support your WP renewal. The rules still say you need a WP, for this you need an employer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Preacher said:

What if you're teaching non-Thais,  in another country?     i.e.  on-line teaching.