Dog severely injured by arrow in Suphan Buri

snoop1130

Dog severely injured by arrow in Suphan Buri

By The Nation

ef366b68f13ce2cc3fe65146b16d3fdb.jpeg

A district office of the Livestock Development Department in Suphan Buri on Monday was requested to send urgent help to a dog severely injured by an arrow that had pierced its flank.

Saichon Krutchaikla, 47, head of Moo 3 village in Tambon Ban Koom of Song Phi Nong district, rushed to the scene after being informed in the morning that a female dog, which was barely breathing, had been was spotted lying in the sun in front of a villager’s house.

The dog had been badly injured as a result of a 5-centimetre-long arrow having penetrated its ribcage. 

The wound had started to become infected.

Saichon called the Song Phi Nong livestock development office to request that they send urgent help.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353640

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-3

18 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Not really a fan of soi dogs but there must be a better way of dealing with nuisance animals than this blatant cruelty.

Of course there is. But as the authorities don't want to do anything about the problem, this is what will happen.

• Like 1

I quite like dogs and have owned several myself throughout my long life and don't condone what what done to this dog. Saying that, there are twenty odd dogs in my community of seven houses. Myself and next door don't have any. These animals make the most god-awful noise, morning, noon and night. These aren't pet dogs even though they all have collars, they're dogs that hang around certain houses who the owners give a daily feed to, then have the cheek to call them their pets. None are kept indoors and most aren't even kept behind a gated fence. Four of the five houses with dogs are farang owner occupied.

As I say, I don't condone what was done to this particular animal, but almost daily, I'm tempted to do something similar. It's only the fact that I realise that it's the owners, not the dogs fault, that holds me back.

• Like 1

I have no qualms if someone experienced, uses a bow and arrow to kill stray dogs.  I have a problem with an animal running around with an arrow hanging out of its body, slowly, agonizingly (as in this case, suffering so long, the arrow entry is infected) suffering.  It's inhumane and sadistic.

It's akin to people who run away after causing an accident,  people taking selfies with someone in distress,  or people ignoring an injured person at an accident....  Oh wait, forgot where I was for a moment...

Edited by CanuckThai
  • Like 1

People need to realize these dogs are pests. Authorities dont give a sht unless they can look good with some feel good story so people result to primitive methods for resolution. Im sure it wasnt just target practice. 

I have dogs and love them dearly and am forced constantly to fix fences because of the nuiscance of other neighbours dogs that are diseased always finding ways in and they are damaging our crops. I want to shoot the lot and probably will.

• Like 1