Hun Sen: I do not hate Americans

geovalin

About one month prior to an official state visit to the United States, Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday said that he has no hate for the US, only those who meant Cambodia harm during the height of the Vietnam War decades ago.

Speaking to Cambodian athletes upon their return from the 18th Asian Games in Indonesia, Mr Hun Sen said that he only carries resentment for Americans who invaded the country after a US-backed coup deposed Prince Norodom Sihanouk’s rule in 1970.

“I have never hated an American, but I do hate those who invaded Cambodia,” he said. “I hate whoever sent troops. I hate them because they wanted to topple Cambodia.”

He noted that former US president Richard Nixon dropped bombs in Cambodia in the 1970s. “I do not hate Americans,” Mr Hun Sen said. “All my children studied in the US and even one of my sons studied at West Point.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50530048/hun-sen-i-do-not-hate-americans/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 04/09

We dropped more bombs on that small defenseless country than Germany and Japan combined during ww2 it is by far the largest sin my country has committed your forgiveness is deeply moving to me I wish your country well blessings

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I sense another "Pol Pot" era coming on... turning the regime backwards to another dictatorship

not turning back ! it's already under dictatorship started decades  ago most khmer people hate this pr-ck hun - sin , not sen

Edited by Mad mick
words missing
  • Like 1