Good Place To Fly For Visa Run

Jared

Hi

Im due a visa run at the end of the month and I fancy getting a flight to a neighbouring country for a couple of days break. Im looking for somewhere thats close by and not going to cost so much. Does anyone have any reconmendations on where I should visit. Thanks

Hi

Im due a visa run at the end of the month and I fancy getting a flight to a neighbouring country for a couple of days break. Im looking for somewhere thats close by and not going to cost so much. Does anyone have any reconmendations on where I should visit. Thanks

Close by from where please?

Cheers, Singapore it is then, short flight distance and cheap flights cant get much better than that. Has anyone got any reconmendations on places to stay that arent miles and miles away from the airport as I only plan to stay 2-3 days?

Cheers, Singapore it is then, short flight distance and cheap flights cant get much better than that. Has anyone got any reconmendations on places to stay that arent miles and miles away from the airport as I only plan to stay 2-3 days?

Singapore is a tiny city/state/island/country. You really can't go that far without getting wet or entering Malaysia.

Why not just turn around the same day? I had to do a {90-day} visa run last year. I flew BKK-SIN-BKK on SQ, left ~ 8 AM returned ~ 4 PM, spent 3 hours in the SQ SKL lounge in SIN. KUL is also a good alternative.

If you want a hotel recommendation then let us know your budget.

Yeah I fancy abit of a break though and I could really do with a few days away from the misses. Budget for a hotel I guess anything from 1000-2500 baht, Im not looking for anywhere fancy just something clean and basic.

Singapore is the easiest as mentioned. Plenty of choices if you can spend 2500 baht (SD110), take a look on any hotel booking site like wotif.com and find a hotel near a subway station. The further away from areas like Orchard Road you are prepared to stay the better value you will find. At the lower end of the market the best options are the Fragrance and Hotel 81 chains. A lot are in the Geylang area and used as short time hotels by locals but not all of them are and if you're travelling alone it isn't a problem as the area is safe with lots of good food places. Small but clean rooms starting from SD50 in Geylang, SD70+ in other areas, avoid Saturday night if you want to save a few dollars.

If you're just going there for a few days then check out Tiger Airways as they can have some good deals. They use the LCC airport but if you don't have to make connections then that won't be a problem otherwise Air Asia and Jet Star are the best options with Air Asia cheapest. With Chinese New Year coming up the really cheap air fares might not be available.