Going To France With Daughter And Wife

hi'

I'm going to France with my wife and daughter.

my daughter has already her Thai passport, she will get her French one next week.

the problem is, she is going to go out of the kingdom with her Thai passport and then enter France(through geneva) with her French passport.

I was thinking that the customs might ask why there is no stamp in her passport from any places .. like she were coming from nowhere.

or she gets a visa for France on her Thai passport and enter France with it, which sounds strange to me as she is French :o

anyone has an idea how to do with this, any trick?

francois

I took my wife to Paris (Thai national) - she had a Thai passport with French tourist visa - she was disappointed that they never bothered to stamp it :o so I don't think that it will make much difference that your daughter's Thai passport won't have a stamp in it.

the problem is, she is going to go out of the kingdom with her Thai passport and then enter France(through geneva) with her French passport.

my Gf did the same like your francois but American instead of france, no problem on her side

I assume you mean that your Daughter will get a French Passport before she leaves Thailand, thus when leaving Thailand she actually has 2 valid Passports?

If so - no trick, no problem, it's just a typical "dual nationality" situation.

My Wife and Daughter both have a Thai and a U.K. Passport and travel frequently between Thailand and U.K. / Europe.

At the Bangkok Airline Check-in Counter your Daughter will have to show both Passports - but only to satisfy the Airline that she has the right to enter France. At Immigration in Bangkok just show the Thai Passport (do NOT show both; some Officers like to make a fuss, but there is nothing illegal in holding 2 citizenships - as far as I know anyway, certainly not one Thai and one U.K. passport).

Once "Airside" she will be asked for her Passport by the Airline Staff on boarding the 'plane - again simply to check identity vs Boarding Pass and to ensure that she has the right to enter France.

On arriving in France (or whatever European Country which has Visa Free entry for French Passport holders) just show the French Passport.

On the return, just reverse the procedure.

Absolutely no problems in over 20 years.

hi'

I assume you mean that your Daughter will get a French Passport before she leaves Thailand, thus when leaving Thailand she actually has 2 valid Passports?

If so - no trick, no problem, it's just a typical "dual nationality" situation.

My Wife and Daughter both have a Thai and a U.K. Passport and travel frequently between Thailand and U.K. / Europe.

At the Bangkok Airline Check-in Counter your Daughter will have to show both Passports - but only to satisfy the Airline that she has the right to enter France. At Immigration in Bangkok just show the Thai Passport (do NOT show both; some Officers like to make a fuss, but there is nothing illegal in holding 2 citizenships - as far as I know anyway, certainly not one Thai and one U.K. passport).

Once "Airside" she will be asked for her Passport by the Airline Staff on boarding the 'plane - again simply to check identity vs Boarding Pass and to ensure that she has the right to enter France.

On arriving in France (or whatever European Country which has Visa Free entry for French Passport holders) just show the French Passport.

On the return, just reverse the procedure.

Absolutely no problems in over 20 years.

right exactly our situation :D

so, no worry, no problem ...

is it this easy?

because my wife gets her visa for only one reason, she is the mother of a french citizen.

not many question asked ... at this point it's already great :D

so, if this is the way it goes, this is eally nice and cool :D

thanks for the infos, I guess that UK and FR are pretty same.

any info about a pass to go through geneva to get in France, something like a day-pass,

a kind of transit stuff?

does the Swiss consulate give this one day visa for transfer?

anyone know about this?

thanks again :o

francois

Edited by francois

Francois, if I understand it correctly your daughter got a Thai and a French p/port.

So no problem at all as said above, leave Thailand immigration with theThai p/port

and enter the plane/Switzerland and France with the French one.

Your wife got a Thai passport and is holding a Shengen visa and want to go overland from Geneve to France. Generally, if holding a valid Schengen entry visa endorsed "Etats Schengen and multiple entry: visa not required

but airlines might want see a confirmed onward ticket and documents required for next

destination, which is tricky, if you go over land. I would check with airline directly and with Swiss embassy (You speak francaise federal? :o )

Anyway, Switzerland does allow Free entry Stay of up to 3 months for holders of full Shengen visa.

Have a look here where you also find contact addresses Swiss emb.

http://www.eda.admin.ch/bangkok_emb/e/home...n_SPO%20(E).doc

hi'

thanks Axel, this is exactly what I was looking for, so my wife will be allowed to go through Geneva to get in France without any specific visa for swiss :D

it's just nice :o

thanks again

francois