Five year old twins "marry" in Ang Thong

webfact

Five year old twins "marry" in Ang Thong

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Five year old twins have gone through a marriage ceremony in Ang Thong in central Thailand.

Locals believe that by marrying twins will enjoy a long life and past sins will be forgiven.

Hitching on this occasion were "Tangmo" and her slightly younger brother "Mobile".

The local San Jao Rong Thong district chief Parinya Khemachit helped the boy on the journey to the bride's house while mayor Wichai Limwattanachai did the honors for the little girl.

There were a total of nine traditional gates to pass through before the groom could meet the bride.

Old 20 baht and ten baht banknotes had to be used to pass through the gates.

When the groom had completed his journey he laid down a dowry of 10,000 baht and two baht weight in gold (approximately 38,000 baht value) for the hand of his sister in marriage.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-06
  • Sad 2

I thought a few 

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Locals believe that by marrying twins will enjoy a long life and past sins will be forgiven.

I thought a few wais and a couple of days at the temple would be enough. Why go into the trouble of getting married? ?

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The local San Jao Rong Thong district chief Parinya Khemachit helped the boy on the journey to the bride's house while mayor Wichai Limwattanachai did the honors for the little girl. 

Where's Big Joke in all this? I thought he was cracking down on under-age sex?

10 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

About those sins, as a Catholic child had to have Confession (of sins at 7 years old) and I really had to make up quite a few to satisfy "Father Sin".

Mine were usually impure thoughts and I fiddled with myself in bed. 

3 hours ago, manhood said:

Another stupid Thai believing!!!!And authorities such as mayor het involved instead stopping that?!?!?!?!

The vast majority of the world's population believe in stupid stuff, called religion, all with their different fantasies (some mustn't cut their hair, some must have shaven heads etc). And that involves every nation in the world. My own view is that the overwhelming majority of the human race suffers from mass insanity. Marrying twins is but one tiny, tiny part of the proof.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The vast majority of the world's population believe in stupid stuff, called religion, all with their different fantasies (some mustn't cut their hair, some must have shaven heads etc). And that involves every nation in the world. My own view is that the overwhelming majority of the human race suffers from mass insanity. Marrying twins is but one tiny, tiny part of the proof.

Although the twins do not literally get married , its just a traditional ceremony to ward off anything bad happening , like one of them dieing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although the twins do not literally get married , its just a traditional ceremony to ward off anything bad happening , like one of them dieing 

<humour>

I must remember that one if I'm seriously ill. I'll just get married in a traditional ceremony.

</humour>

edit: added <humour> tags

Edited by bluesofa

21 hours ago, webfact said:

There were a total of nine traditional gates to pass through before the groom could meet the bride.

Old 20 baht and ten baht banknotes had to be used to pass through the gates.

When the groom had completed his journey he laid down a dowry of 10,000 baht and two baht weight in gold (approximately 38,000 baht value) for the hand of his sister in marriage.

Different area different methods/beliefs. Had my twins go through the wedding ceremony. Not a problem as the older ladies of the village enjoyed it. Where I live it is believed the couple were girlfriend/boyfriend in a previous life. Who then died before their wedding day. So's to ensure it never happens again they are given a village wedding (not a legal marriage).  All good fun 

• Thanks 1