"Yes I suggested she put betel-juice in her eye, but I never forced her", says salesman

webfact

"Yes I suggested she put betel-juice in her eye, but I never forced her", says salesman

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A salesman at a herbal remedy store in Khon Kaen has admitted that he sold betel nut juice intended for oral consumption to a woman two months ago.

The woman was in the news after going to the media saying she was blinded in one eye after doctors removed her eyeball following an infection that threatened her brain.

She claimed that the salesman said it was a cure for cataracts.

Salesman Jaroon, 57, admitted in a telephone interview with Sanook that he had sold the herbal preparation to the woman.

He even admitted saying that this was also good for the eyes and could be used to help in that regard.

He said this was not the policy of the shop but that he had found it to be true from personal experience. Him and his family have used it over the last year in their eyes.

He wasn't forcing the 56 year old woman to use it as eye drops - in fact she said at the time that she wouldn't dare, he claimed.

He said there was no way a certified product like this would cause infection. He suggested the woman was lying.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-07