MRT blue line extension Pin Klao / Opening when ?

Pepper9187

Hi everyone,

Does someone knows when the MRT blue line extension is supposed to open ? I can't find anything online and nobody seems to know (or the answers go all over the place, standing between in a couple of month up to in 2 years +).

As far as i remember they have been building this for at least 5 years and it all seems to be all kind of ready now, station finished etc.

BTW i'm talking about this section :

Especially the part between the station BANG sue and Ta phra / Hua Lampong (as circled in RED).

MRT.jpg.8cd6b7833e686c13ae1c62aa2d5cb78c.jpg

Edited by Pepper9187

I think i have (maybe) found an answer Wikipedia is saying 2020 ?

image.png.10ffe092004c9da235fe08458786d81a.png

Aaaand another one said it's scheduled for 2018 OMG :

https://www.metro-report.com/news/single-view/view/bangkok-blue-line-extension-opens.html

THAILAND: On August 11 Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha attended the opening of a 1·2 km extension of Bangkok’s MRT Blue Line from Bang Sue to Tao Poon. Revenue services were expected to start the following day.

The extension takes the metro line to 21 km and 19 stations, and provides an interchange with the Purple Line. The eastern section of the extension is underground, but Tao Poon station is elevated.

A further 11·9 km elevated extension to Tha Phra with 10 stations is under construction, with opening scheduled for 2018.

Edited by theoldgit
Link in breach of Forum Rules removed.

Please remember Forum Rules when posting links and quotes.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 1:06 PM, Lakegeneve said:

Expect Aug 2019 for the 1st part of the MRT Blue Line ext. to open (Original opening date was 2016).

All the info that you need is in this thread, 

Thanks !

I've read on a press website that the section between Tao Poon and Ta phra was sheduled for opening in 2018, the rest will be opened in mid 2019.

Any idea if it's true ?

Edited by Pepper9187

On 23 September 2018 at 12:44 PM, Pepper9187 said:

Thanks !

I've read on a press website that the section between Tao Poon and Ta phra was sheduled for opening in 2018, the rest will be opened in mid 2019.

Any idea if it's true ?

Not correct. This will actually be the second section opening in 2020.

The first section opening in Aug 2019 is the section from Hua lamphong via Tha Phra to Lak Song (along Phetkasem rd). The tunnelled section to Tha Phra has basically been complete since the start of this year and realistically it could most likely open later this year. However, the MRTA likes to open complete extensions/sections rather than opening them gradually. 

18 minutes ago, Lakegeneve said:

The first section opening in Aug 2019 is the section from Hua lamphong via Tha Phra to Lak Song (along Phetkasem rd). The tunnelled section to Tha Phra has basically been complete since the start of this year and realistically it could most likely open later this year. However, the MRTA likes to open complete extensions/sections rather than opening them gradually. 

Okay thanks.

Can i ask for your souces ? Not that i don't believe you but i got 3 sources (that i can't quote here) which all give different dates between late 2018 and until 2020

Tx again

The Blue Line section from Bang Su to Tao Poon is open now, I rode it month or so ago.  It will connect you with the Purple Line going out to Bang Yai.  

It was a bit confusing to ride, as it wasn't clear where to buy tickets or which platform to use, but I just followed everyone else and ended up where I needed to be.

16 hours ago, Lakegeneve said:

Agreed.  Mostly finished around Bang Pho...nice area, too.

On 27 September 2018 at 4:02 PM, Pepper9187 said:

Okay thanks.

Can i ask for your souces ? Not that i don't believe you but i got 3 sources (that i can't quote here) which all give different dates between late 2018 and until 2020

Tx again

MRTA.

Nothing is opening for this ext in 2018 so ignore that. Dates have (and can/will) change so some of the other places where you are reading this are most likely either out of date or just not reliable for correct info. 

The opening of the 1st section is still just under a year away so don't get too caught up at this stage. Remember, the whole extension was originally due to open in 2016 when construction started in mid 2011. Since 2016, there there have been 4 new different opening dates......