Big price of laundry

georgegeorgia

I will post this is in the Bangkok forum so i can get advice from Bangkokians.

Now im not a regular Bangkok visitor but decided a few weeks ago to visit and stayed in Suriwong Rd in Patpong at the Siam Heritage hotel,a lovely hotel.

Anyway the Hotel laundry was closed for the day so further down on Suriwong rd I see a red sign saying Laundry ,however it appears to be a gold shop,on entering a indian man said this this is the laundry,ok so he weighs my medium size bag of clothes roughly 4 T shirts,a few undies ,a few socks and a pair of shorts, 700 baht he snaps 

omg I exclaim !! Too much i said ,in pattaya it was less then a 100 baht 

“ this not pattaya !  He shouts back , I started  to walk out 

ok ok how much you pay , he asks again ,standing in front of me

I needed it done so we got down to a price of 400 baht with no ironing ,just washing, pick up tommorrow 

my question is this , I couldnt find any laundries in Suriwong road, is there laundries nearby and if not ,is it because it wouldnt be feasible to run a laundry eg Rent 

it seems this indian guy who owns the gold shop must send it off to someone nearby?

Now i know the guy was taking the p**** , but i had no choice in paying  his exhorbiant fees.

Edited by georgegeorgia

very hard to find coin foundries around sukhumvit, too....apartment buildings will have them...I fired the Thais from doing my laundry ten years ago....and wouldn't let the girlfriends near it either.  A lot of farang  walk around smelling like they just had sex with a goat, but they are actually wearing clothes washed by these per kilo or per piece places.  They dip and twist..dirty water...crappy detergent...I will cover the times I caught them stealing my clothes later.....I know of a few aroundr st louis....and yes, sky high re nt is a factor...check the side sois..

Edited by moontang