Farang Xenophobes

Jet Gorgon

Hey what would I know..I'm just a cute lovable Little Black Duck who waddles around.

Paddling in new ponds if I'm welcome to do so, if I come across obnoxious people

I just Waddle or Paddle off..If they don't like me that's their problem not mine..

When in Rome I say, I must admit I hate Double standards though...

post-36273-1171082164.jpg

Just look at that hansom figre, how could you not love him ???

Just take each person as an individual. Unless thee's a need to stereotype (e.g. picking a jury, betting where someone is from or whatever), stereotypes just rob us of the chance to meet great people.

Jet, it is hard for many to understand, but Americans with Southern accents can be ok, as can the roughly half the registered voters in the US who voted for George Bush. It's amazing to me how certain types of prejudice are acceptable, but not others. Shouldn't we all strive to be intolerant only of the intolerant?

Cheers.

mate i give you top points for that reply,

she's a little ripper.

your quote " shouldnt we all strive to be intolerant only of the intolerant " should be carved in stone and plastered onto the side of the space shuttle.

i think a few posters should take your quote on board. :D

nice peace of work. :D

Agree with both of you, but just to nit-pick (as is my wont), that sentence "shouldn't we all strive to be intolerant only of the intolerant" can't work. Firstly, who decides who is intolerant? You or I might think (probably would think!) a racist was intolerant, but to a race supremasist that same racist might be thought of as extremely tolerant because he gets on a bus with others of a different race. Who draws the line?

Secondly, if you are intolerant of the intolerant, then you become one of that maligned and untolerated group. Viscious circle... :o

yes miss rain,

i see where your coming from, but i think your going way to in depth and im sure you understand what our friend is saying.

lets define it a bit more and bring it down to hard core intolerant people.

racists springs to mind along with people that totally avoid people because of there race, colour or creed. ( same same but different )

i suppost i could be classed as racist and intolerant as i hate racist and intolerant people. :D

so there you go, you have proved your point. :bah:

well done miss rain and i salute you. :D

I have lots of prejudices, both positive and negative. They are far from as simple as nationality only, rather a combination of all the things I notice in a person:

Looks, dress, accent, sound level, posture, etc. etc.

It is safe to say that if at 10.30 in the morning, I see a man who is wearing a singlet and too small speedos, wields a near empty bottle of alcohol, while snarling racist obscenities into the face of a tuk tuk driver, I won't go over and shake his hand and suggest we have a beer... no matter if he has a Swedish flag tattooed on his arm or not.

There are so many more things to worry about than what country a person comes from. Most people who have managed to get to this corner of the world really should have discovered that by now. If they haven't, it's their loss. Or for some reason they have chosen to hang out where the dregs of all nations meet and chosen to base their opinions on that.

Just take each person as an individual. Unless thee's a need to stereotype (e.g. picking a jury, betting where someone is from or whatever), stereotypes just rob us of the chance to meet great people.

Jet, it is hard for many to understand, but Americans with Southern accents can be ok, as can the roughly half the registered voters in the US who voted for George Bush. It's amazing to me how certain types of prejudice are acceptable, but not others. Shouldn't we all strive to be intolerant only of the intolerant?

Cheers.

Yep, I agree, view each lovely creation on earth as an original individual. I reckon we all have a reason to be here. But, I would never strive to be intolerant of anyone. Mind manners and try to get along first.

I got an accent equivalent to Texan brethren when I want to use it because I grew up in Alberta cow country. Seems cowboys all have the same lingo. I turn this accent on with heavy cream when anti Americans spew crap on the side mirrors of my bike. (My fam was from Stateside.) I am mighty fine at being polite but as my mom said after beating me, I got a tongue pistol bad enough to whup the backside off a boar.

So, Dumspero, can you doseydo and play the fiddle? Come and join the party!

Cheers.

Yep, I agree, view each lovely creation on earth as an original individual. I reckon we all have a reason to be here. But, I would never strive to be intolerant of anyone. Mind manners and try to get along first.

I got an accent equivalent to Texan brethren when I want to use it because I grew up in Alberta cow country. Seems cowboys all have the same lingo. I turn this accent on with heavy cream when anti Americans spew crap on the side mirrors of my bike. (My fam was from Stateside.) I am mighty fine at being polite but as my mom said after beating me, I got a tongue pistol bad enough to whup the backside off a boar.

I'm from Beantown, nuff said, so I'll skip the politics with ya. Funny thing, though, growing up a Yankee (that's what our few Southern cousins call us, though they like us (I think), a woman with a soft southern accent (VA, Carolina, at least, in my young days) properly used, can pretty much talk me into anything! Mow your lawn? Yes, ma'am!

BTW, what happened to your bike, here, LOS?

I'm from Beantown, nuff said, so I'll skip the politics with ya. Funny thing, though, growing up a Yankee (that's what our few Southern cousins call us, though they like us (I think), a woman with a soft southern accent (VA, Carolina, at least, in my young days) properly used, can pretty much talk me into anything! Mow your lawn? Yes, ma'am!

BTW, what happened to your bike, here, LOS?

Come up and see me sometime. I have a big lawn. :o And lots of iced tea. For after.

I have lots of prejudices, both positive and negative. They are far from as simple as nationality only, rather a combination of all the things I notice in a person:

Looks, dress, accent, sound level, posture, etc. etc.

It is safe to say that if at 10.30 in the morning, I see a man who is wearing a singlet and too small speedos, wields a near empty bottle of alcohol, while snarling racist obscenities into the face of a tuk tuk driver, I won't go over and shake his hand and suggest we have a beer... no matter if he has a Swedish flag tattooed on his arm or not.

There are so many more things to worry about than what country a person comes from. Most people who have managed to get to this corner of the world really should have discovered that by now. If they haven't, it's their loss. Or for some reason they have chosen to hang out where the dregs of all nations meet and chosen to base their opinions on that.

very valid point you have there meadish,

and lets just take that a bit further by giving an example.

aussies, poms, swedish and dutch dudes partying in a bar in pattaya at midnight all pissed up and full of bad manners.

now one could think these guys are the dregs of there collective society. :D

same guys at 10.00 oclock in the morning at a church in bangkok.

upstanding examples of there collective society. :D

so you correct in saying that its where one hangs out to form such opinions. :o

Cheers.

got to tell you jet that im sure your my long lost step sister. :D

yes, im a real placid fellow until provoced into action by some gumbie and then my tongue pistol starts shooting acid rain as well. :D

its frigging dangerous sometimes but i do have a giggle later, as im trying to work out where all my lovely words come from. :D

got me in some trouble on this forum but im over it now and on my bestest behaviour. :o