Looking for Ao Nang hotel reccomendations for solo traveler

BigWillyBurns

I've got the Bangkok part of my itinerary sorted (with this forum a big help in doing so) and the next bit of it I'm looking at is Ao Nang

Me: Male, solo traveler, early 30s

Love: the beach, meeting other solo travelers, wandering around markets and very much looking forward to more great Thai food ?

I'm a social drinker but not a huge one. A classy beach bar or two would be great to have nearby

Budget - trying to keep it at no more than 30 euros a night. Ideally 20 

Staying for: a week or two (I'm planning on at least 3 months in Thailand so I'm going to spend a decent amount of time in each place)

Location: close to the beach but not too close to the madness (although I don't think by Thailand standards that Ao Nang gets too crazy anywhere)

Other: likely looking at a trip to Railay beach from here. Is there anyway of doing it on a ferry rather than a longtail?

Hotels I like the look of so far:  Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7020-ibis-styles-krabi-ao-nang/index.shtml

and https://www.theverandahaonang.com/

Thanks

Edited by BigWillyBurns
typo in title

Could not dig up the hotel name.  But in 2014 I stayed a decent place right up the main road that is perpendicular to the water.  On the left side of the street as you walk away from the water.  There is a little alley that wraps around some hotels.  The one I had was Spartan but comfortable and all I needed.  I had a balcony with a view of the jungle flora on the right, the water straight ahead and the rock cliffs to the left.  There are plenty of other hotels, some with pools but I thought they were a bit expensive and at the time I was more on a budget so I skipped them.  They also looked small and crowded.  But they are all within a short ten minute walk to the beach at the bottom of the street.     It is only a ten minute or so walk down the street to the beach and there are plenty of little restaurants all along the way.  Easy to schedule a boat trip to visit a few islands but be warned some of the area may be swarming with tourists.  those pictures of the little beach that gives you a view of the so called James Bond Island can be a bit misleading. 

As far as crazy, well there is a night complex with a few places, and there are a few alleys that have quite a few outdoor beer bars where I am sure you can find just about as much company as you want.  I found the beach sand in the water to be slimey feeling.   Don't know if it was just due to lots of plant matter silt or what.  Take the long tailed boat to railey beach around the point ad the sand was white.  No wave action at all when I was there in October and December.  There is a nice little walkway that parallels the beach where there are dozens of outdoor massage places that are different but I guess are OK.

• Thanks 1