Rhubarb

OK, for some reason I've got the munchies for Rhubarb and Apple Crumble (made with hazelnuts in the crumble) :o:D

Not seen it in the shops, so has anyone tried growing rhubarb in LoS, does it grow, does it taste ok, does it keep producing?

Crossy,

Rhubarb really needs winter temps below 4C to break dormancy and stimulate spring growth. It also prefers summer temps around 24C or less. It might grow there, but it's not going to be anything like you are familiar with.

True, Jamie.

Best to get a farm cook from North America who puts up the stuff to send you some, Crossy. Whenever I'm home, I raid my Mom's cellar for rhubarb, beet pickles and my all-time only in the prairies favourite classics, chokecherry syrup and jelly.

I forgot: a good substitute is cranberries. Apple-cranberry crumble drowning in thick cream.

Edited by Jet Gorgon

Just to make you all jealous, I have a kilo bag of frozen imported rhubarb in my freezer. Bought it in a shop here in Hua Hin. Mmm, think I might make myself a nice rhubarb tart.... :o

Which shop, have they got any more? Got a mate in HH, he could get some to reduce my pain :D

Just to make you all jealous, I have a kilo bag of frozen imported rhubarb in my freezer. Bought it in a shop here in Hua Hin. Mmm, think I might make myself a nice rhubarb tart.... :o

Which shop, have they got any more? Got a mate in HH, he could get some to reduce my pain :D

Mini Farm next to Bank Of Ayudhya. Not sure if they've got any more. I'll be in town tomorrow, I'll look & report back. It was about 120 baht, I think.