Phase 3 funds for Phuket’s underground cable project requested

webfact

Phase 3 funds for Phuket’s underground cable project requested

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

Picture-118-1.jpg

300 million baht has been requested for a new underground cable project ‘Phase 3’ along Thepkrasattri Road from the Rajabaht Intersection to Saphan Hin which is part of the longer-term project to convert Phuket Town into a ‘living museum’.

The Phuket Provincial Public Works Town and Country Planning are requesting the funding for the next phase to move unsightly overhead cabling underground around Phuket Town.

The Phuket City Mayor Somjai Suwansuppana says, “When cables on every road in the Old Phuket Town are all underground, covering around 210 rais of land, this will be one of the country’s most beautiful towns.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phase-3-funds-for-phukets-underground-cable-project-requested

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-11

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Oh my lord,they have enough trouble putting in water pipes and drains that work,i can see this being a disaster.

Oh my Lord Chicken Little? The first few projects to address this have been fine.

Progress, eh- who needs it!

I bet you beatch about 'unsightly wires' as well don't you. Just no pleasing some.

Edited by Psimbo

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nice to see the local authorities concern for the welfare of it's workers is in the forefront. Regulation cloth hard hats, and open toed safety boots.

Personal choice how to dress,it’s called freedom.

yes there are pros and cons about it, the cons is if you injure yourself then pay the bill your and swallow the cons.

nobody any where in the world should be told use safety gear.

but we see more and more all over the world the government telling their citizens how to dress and what to do.

03DEFC07-46C2-44B9-B651-DF263493FCD6.jpeg

Edited by 1dayumay
Freedom of speech

34 minutes ago, 1dayumay said:

Personal choice how to dress,it’s called freedom.

yes there are pros and cons about it, the cons is if you injure yourself then pay the bill your and swallow the cons.

nobody any where in the world should be told use safety gear.

but we see more and more all over the world the government telling their citizens how to dress and what to do.

03DEFC07-46C2-44B9-B651-DF263493FCD6.jpeg

While I agree that Health and safety has gone crazy in many western civilizations, and I can, to a point, see your reasoning, there is also the other side of the coin called exploitation, ignorance through lack of training and education, profits before people. Several times over the past two years here we have seen needless deaths by asphyxiation caused by workers entering confined spaces, tanks etc, without the correct breathing gear, do you then advocate that their deaths ride solely on their choice to wear or not to wear the correct equipment. ? Maybe you would rather we went back to the eighteen hundreds in England during the Industrial revolution when 9 nine year olds worked down the mines, and in the cotton mills.