Money stolen from bank account.

7 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I'm guessing you gave them copy of your passport page stating where you were during the withdrawals  ?

But for some reason where he was and where the ATM card was were two different places and apparently he made the card available to someone, whether that was his intention or not.

You really have some responsibility to safe-keep your ATM card and to report to the bank as soon as some fraudulent activity takes place or the card is not under your control.

9 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

10 transactions over a 3 month period is an inside job. Sounds like one of your girlfriends was withdrawing smaller amounts you might not notice. She might have caught your pin code while standing nearby. Then she pick-pokets your wallet during dinner. “I go toilet now” means go ATM. After you are milked of funds wallet returned Unless it is skimming by third parties no chance Of any return by bank Stop “wasting time”

It was 10 transactions over a 4 day period.

Sophon

18 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but. . .  a few years back I was alerted by a phone call from the security dept of my offshore bank that someone had attempted to raid my account via an ATM in Thailand. I didn't believe this was possible, as I had never used the card, never divulged the pin and assumed that without the number it was impossible to get to the menu needed to make a withdrawal.

The security people conjectured that somebody must have got hold of my pin. When I told him I had never written the number down, never used it and couldn't even remember what it was, he hinted that it was possible to make withdrawals without a pin. He would not tell me how this could be done "for obvious security reasons", so I'm none the wiser. Maybe he was just spinning me a line because he didn't believe I'd kept my pin secure, but didn't want to get into a head-to-head with a customer.

No withdrawals possible without PIN.

13 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

10 transactions over a 3 month period is an inside job. Sounds like one of your girlfriends was withdrawing smaller amounts you might not notice. She might have caught your pin code while standing nearby. Then she pick-pokets your wallet during dinner. “I go toilet now” means go ATM. After you are milked of funds wallet returned Unless it is skimming by third parties no chance Of any return by bank Stop “wasting time”

3-6 February is 4 days, not 3 months.

Thanks for posting are you sure? Is that the typical European  convention of date abbreviation? Sorry for reverting to an Americanism is but I read 3/2/2017 - 6/2/2017 as 3 months. I think there is a way now (at least with BKK bank) to get a SMS message anytime funds are withdrawn. 

In International Engineering consulting we would always use "12 SEP 2018" 

to avoid misunderstandings.

I use the small account with ATM card  big account with no electronic access method. Not just ATM but it is very concerning to me my BBK Visa card ca be used almost anywhere even major purchases at Department store just by scrawling a signature and second ID is never checked here. 

Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143