Snake causes fire at Chon Buri bank

Jonathan Fairfield

Snake causes fire at Chon Buri bank

By The Nation

n9.jpeg

A snake caused a power cable to short circuit, causing a fire that spread to a bank in Chon Buri on Tuesday.

The Muang Chon Buri police station was alerted to the fire at the Thanachart bank on Sukhumvit Road at 10am.

Firefighters put out the blaze within 15 minutes. The bank suffered light damage to its ceiling.

Police said a snake had slid up the power pole and caused the short circuit. The resulting fire caused a lot of smoke, prompting bank employees to run outside.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354198

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-11

n10.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police said a snake had slid up the power pole and caused the short circuit. The resulting fire caused a lot of smoke, prompting bank employees to run outside

Looking for some free BBQ'd slitherer ..

• Haha 2

Sure it wasn't an electric eel?

Incidentally a lot of rural power poles have a barrier to prevent snakes climbing up.

I think there newer idea is a piece of tin(?) around four sides of the pole at perhaps three metres and for a length of a metre, to stop the snakes being able to climb. The older idea is as the photo below, an inverted metal mesh cone:

image.png.2a968423862f5fa6100402f930fcfc16.png

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Sure it wasn't an electric eel?

Incidentally a lot of rural power poles have a barrier to prevent snakes climbing up.

I think there newer idea is a piece of tin(?) around four sides of the pole at perhaps three metres and for a length of a metre, to stop the snakes being able to climb. The older idea is as the photo below, an inverted metal mesh cone:

image.png.2a968423862f5fa6100402f930fcfc16.png

4 years The big tuff government lol

The golden tree snake is the guy that climbs the electric poles and causes the problem.

I have my own transformer and a Golden Tree Snake climbed the pole past the transformer and got between two of the three HT lines at the very top, the resulting flash was around three meters across and the damage to aircons security cameras computer and printer inside the house topped 30k

I am told they are attracted to the hum from the power lines.

Here is a picture of the BarB Q snake after he got between two 22kva lines

BBQ Snake.jpg

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

The golden tree snake is the guy that climbs the electric poles and causes the problem.

I have my own transformer and a Golden Tree Snake climbed the pole past the transformer and got between two of the three HT lines at the very top, the resulting flash was around three meters across and the damage to aircons security cameras computer and printer inside the house topped 30k

I am told they are attracted to the hum from the power lines.

Sounds like it was golden brown after that .. Some members of the animal kingdom are a more " switched " on when it comes to fooling about with electric .. :sorry:

IMG_20180912_084119.jpg

• Haha 1