Pattaya businesswoman gets stolen motorbike back from Cambodia

Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya businesswoman gets stolen motorbike back from Cambodia

By The Nation

n3.png

Image: Daily News

In a very rare case, a Pattaya woman has got back a motorcycle stolen from her rental shop after doggedly tracking its GPS position for several months and eventually locating it in Cambodia.

Sa Kaew immigration police promptly sought help from their Cambodian counterparts to locate and retrieve the stolen motorbike belonging to Darin Chandaeng, 35, on Tuesday morning.

Darin, who operates a motorbike rental shop in Pattaya, filed a complaint with Bang Lamung police station in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district on April 30 that a female client had stolen her rented motorbike.

Police learned that the motorbike had been used to obtain a loan from a motorcycle pawnshop, and that it had later been resold.

Darin kept tracking the GPS of her motorcycle until she discovered that it was in Cambodia, which was when she sought help from Bang Lamung police, who in turn alerted Sa Kaew immigration police chief Pol Colonel Benyapol Rodsawat.

Benyapol then contacted the police chief of Sampov Loun district in Cambodia’s Battambang province, who managed to quickly locate the stolen bike and returned it to Sa Kaew police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354215

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-11

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

In a very rare case,

A rare case indeed!  My S-i-L had her car stolen; the culprit was taken to police station where she admitted a further two cases of hiring cars & selling them on (to Cambodia).  The culprit never faced charges because S-i-L couldn't afford the 10K demanded by the 'officer'!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BestB said:

I would say this business woman is either very well related or having very good “ relations” with someone in the force for them to act so fast and so well in both ends ?

We need a picture of the lady. There could be more than meets the eye

In Thailand, everyone is protected if it was bought in good faith. She probably would have had to buy the

bike back if it had been recovered while in Thailand. So no move by police until it was transported to Cambodia. 

5 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Funny how the GPS located the bike in Cambooooosha but couldn't locate it while it was at the motocy pawn shop, or still in transit here in Tland.

Maybe the Gps doesnt turn on till the bike is switched on? It could have been transported by truck over the border.