Moved house, how to change address?

TheFox

Hi,

Just recently moved to a new condo. I want to make sure my car is registered to the new address so I can receive my speeding tickets and pay them promptly.

1) I assume they use the address from the blue car registration book to know where to send the speeding fines, and that is what I need to have updated. Is that correct?

2) where do I do it? I tried going to the department of land transport but they said I should go to my local land office. Does that sound right?

3) what do I bring? As I own the new place I was thinking passport/blue car book/blue house book/yellow house book. How does that sound?

Edited by TheFox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheFox said:

I tried going to the department of land transport but they said I should go to my local land office. Does that sound right?

The DLT office near your home address is the place to change the address in your car blue book.

• Like 2

I think you have to go to immigration and fill out a change of address form, then get a letter from immigration stating that is your new address and then go to the department of transportation and have your address changed in your green book and drivers license.  

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

why do you give him a reply like that?I

Ok, I want to excuse for my unpolite answer. I was just wondering, why the reason for the address change is given the speeding tickets, but not possible problems with the insurance coverage, the road tax payment, the possibility for others to contact the owner of the vehicle in case they did some damage to it, or whatever else it might be. @TheFox: please excuse me.

You should go the your immigration office and get a confirmation of residence, present it to your insurance to make sure they can contact you by updating their database, and then contact your local LTO and notify them of the address change. They will update your blue book of the car, or the green book in case of a motorbike.

Good luck and always drive safely,

Fritz

Edited by hkt83100
Punctuation corrected