Prayuth Goes Full Otaku In Meeting With Japan’s AKB48

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I doubt you have enough money for a sniff, hhehehehehehe

Tickets are (in theory) available for 3,000 Yen. Unfortunately there is the additional cost of the flight to Japan, accommodation, etc.

Maybe I have to watch them in Bangkok again at the Japan Expo...

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The general likes to hang around and be seen with hot, young girls? 

I get the same reaction as I do when I see a 60 year old western man with a 19 year old girl in Bangkok or here on the island; it seems a bit icky, creepy and skin-crawly. 

He never said he was a good man..There are former cell monkeys that will say his a good man lol.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I get the same reaction as I do when I see a 60 year old western man with a 19 year old girl in Bangkok or here on the island; it seems a bit icky, creepy and skin-crawly. 

Wait until you are 60 and then you can decide if you prefer a 60 year old woman or a hot 19 year old girl.

And maybe then you decide that you just don't care what the others think. It's their problem.

3 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps he has found the maturity and intellect he feels most comfortable with. No nasty questions from this crowd.

That reminds me of that politician who likes to hang around the red-shirts. I am sure AKB48 members are in average a lot smarter - which is obviously easy because it is not difficult to be smarter than buffalos.

Just a quick question...

Maybe I am a bit tainted, because my office is near Patpong and I have...ahm...heard about the many places with the ...ahm...ladies...but...what is it with this schoolgirl- fetish, that is going on here?

Is it just me or is it a bit weird, that grown men are getting so excited about ladies, dressed as little girls?

(And before anyone says it: I know, things are even worse upcountry, were CLEARLY underaged girls are dancing, coyote -style...)

Just sayin'! 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Tickets are (in theory) available for 3,000 Yen. Unfortunately there is the additional cost of the flight to Japan, accommodation, etc.

sounds like a good idea

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Political motive seen in PM’s love for pop-idols

By KORNRAWEE PANYASUPPAKUN 
THE NATION

f9cdad0e3de7ec7f9ee113b3b6c87471.jpeg

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha became ota (a big fan in Japanese) for AKB 48 yesterday as the J-pop idol girl band put on a special performance for him at Government House. Yet observers saw a hidden political message in the event.

The band was in Bangkok to promote their year-end concert. 

Many fans waited to greet their idols and the whole meet-up was broadcast live on the government’s Facebook page. In the broadcast, General Prayut was seen waving his light stick in time as six members of the AKB48 members – Nanami Asai, Chiba Erii, Iwatate Saho, Mogi Shinobu, Nakanishi Chiyori and Sasaki Yukari – performed their famous single “Koi Suru Fortune Cookies”. Later the PM shook the girls’ hands and took a selfie with them. 

7e0c22abcd0385350d7700e42cef5cba.jpeg

Short for Akihabara48, AKB48 has a Bangkok-based sister idol group called BNK48. Debuting in 2016, BNK48 became wildly popular among Thai teens, releasing a Thai version of “Koi Suru Fortune Cookies” last year. This single has had more than 148 million views on YouTube – twice the Thai population. 

Prayut said he was excited that the J-pop band is coming to perform in Thailand, but added that he couldn’t attend the concert. “I can’t squeeze through the young fans,” he said, though he promised to follow the band closely on media. 

In his conversation with the young band, he also referred to the long-standing bilateral ties, his favourite Japanese dishes and also expressed his sympathy for the natural disasters that hit Japan recently. 

49da98223aa7b68eafe79487d87fb385.jpeg

The meet-up yesterday took place not long after Prayut invited Cherprang Areekul, lead singer of BNK48, to receive a prize after she agreed to host an episode of the pro-government “Thailand Moves Forward” TV show. 

552d5e3b05cdae6dac961b4b1b93e11d.jpeg

However, academics see a political agenda behind this. 

Asst Prof Dr Wilaiwan Jongwilaikasem, a lecturer with Thammasat’s Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication, said this was part of the PM’s move to expand his fan base to include young, urban teenagers ahead of next year’s elections. 

“The prime minister is using these idols to gain votes from their fans,” she said.

The AKB48 and BNK48 fan base is comprised mostly of “young, urban males and females who use Facebook on a daily basis”, she added, pointing out that the Facebook Live clip had won over 2,300 reactions and 189,000 views. 

The idols’ fans are not interested in politics and have not chosen to vote for any particular party, unlike the grassroots masses consider campaigns that benefit them, she pointed out. Many of the young urban generation may cast their votes based on their emotions, she added. 

Khemmakorn Chatupumdecha, a university student and an ardent fan of AKB48, told The Nation that he was happy the J-pop culture is getting accepted in Thailand. 

“I think it’s a good thing that older people like the PM are ready to accept idol culture,” he said. 

On the other hand, a 24-year-old fan, who asked not to be named, said she didn’t want her favourite idol, Cherprang, to be pulled into politics, but doesn’t believe this would affect her or other fans’ decision on who they will vote for. 

“This doesn’t make me want to support the PM, but I can’t speak for others,” she said. “Maybe younger fans are more likely to be persuaded.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30354424

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-14

I'm running out of buckets.

Buckets to puke in.

Bucket for a boy-band

bucket for a girl-band

bucket for Mr P

bucket for the other Mr P.

It's all just really sickening.

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Just a quick question...

Maybe I am a bit tainted, because my office is near Patpong and I have...ahm...heard about the many places with the ...ahm...ladies...but...what is it with this schoolgirl- fetish, that is going on here?

Is it just me or is it a bit weird, that grown men are getting so excited about ladies, dressed as little girls?

(And before anyone says it: I know, things are even worse upcountry, were CLEARLY underaged girls are dancing, coyote -style...)

Just sayin'! 

Just in case you would ever go to one of those places near your office and some of those dancers would ask you to buy them a drink. Would you more likely buy a drink for a cute, young, innocent girl (with or without schoolgirl-uniform) or for one of the old women who had already, let's say, lots of experience?

Here you can enjoy AKB48 without schoolgirl uniforms.

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

Politically this time period is referred to as the silly season... Theresa May's unorthodox dance moves in Cape Town the other week are another example. 

Seems it's been political time now  for a number of years in Thailand.

ABK48 are more of a brand than a band, I think there is only one original member as they graduate (leave) all the time, to date there have been over 300 members. It is not just one group, there are 5 teams that do slightly different presentations, some are more idol/mature/meeting and greeting etc. They also can change teams and are voted up by fans, providing they buy certain merchandise.

I like them but I find all the other sister groups serious over kill, several others in other Japanese cities and of course all around Asia including Thailand. They have their own theatre and café in Tokyo and the café is fun. It is at Akihabara station and they play the MV's all the time, there is also a shop there, but I cannot remember any music on sale, more idol merchandise. The waitresses dress in similar uniforms to some of the group costumes, like maid cafes you only get so long, an hour I think.

Robot voice but better than the official guide

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

or you could go see the Thai version of the band BNK48 and save on the travel:

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

or you could go see the Thai version of the band BNK48 and save on the travel:

I am aware of BNK48. But unfortunately whoever selected them had a different taste than me.

But maybe that is because if it would be up to me it would be BUR48 like Buriram 48 with lots of cute brown girls. But maybe that will be the next XXX48 addition.

On 9/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

Thankfully it doesnt seem creepy to the couple. Not really for you to judge other people though, is it?

On 9/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, Orton Rd said:

ABK48 are more of a brand than a band, I think there is only one original member as they graduate (leave) all the time, to date there have been over 300 members. It is not just one group, there are 5 teams that do slightly different presentations, some are more idol/mature/meeting and greeting etc. They also can change teams and are voted up by fans, providing they buy certain merchandise.

I like them but I find all the other sister groups serious over kill, several others in other Japanese cities and of course all around Asia including Thailand. They have their own theatre and café in Tokyo and the café is fun. It is at Akihabara station and they play the MV's all the time, there is also a shop there, but I cannot remember any music on sale, more idol merchandise. The waitresses dress in similar uniforms to some of the group costumes, like maid cafes you only get so long, an hour I think.

Robot voice but better than the official guide

Great fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived