Phuket lifeguard deal probed for corruption

webfact

Phuket lifeguard deal probed for corruption

By The Phuket News

1536835043_1-org.jpg

Region 8 Police Investigator Lt Col Monsak Srisuwan confirmed the news while questioning witnesses at Kamala Police Station yesterday (Sept 12). Photo: The Phuket News

PHUKET: Region 8 Police have confirmed they are investigating a complaint of alleged corruption involving a company being suspiciously awarded a government contract to provide lifeguards on Phuket’s beaches.

Region 8 Police Investigator Lt Col Monsak Srisuwan confirmed the news while questioning witnesses at Kamala Police Station yesterday (Sept 12).

Col Monsak explained that the investigation follows an anonymous complaint formally filed with Region 8 Police on May 30 under the name Khon Rak Thong Tin (People who love this location).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lifeguard-deal-probed-for-corruption-68616.php#kjrHP9mj0Pq6oAQ3.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-14

“Phuket is the top tourism destination of our country,” Col Monsak noted. “If allow non-effective, unqualified lifeguards, it will harm our country’s tourism industry.

“I expect that the government sees tourism safety with qualified lifeguard as a priority,” Col Monsak added.[unquote]

I assume that's why I can remember reading in the past couple of months two news reports where the alleged lifeguards stood around and watched members of the public dive into the sea and pull people to safety. The public also performed CPR on one of the victims while the lifeguards did nothing.

But that doesn't matter, as long as someone made a quick buck somewhere, eh?

17 minutes ago, TPI said:

In every situation involving "work" in the article, corruption is the glue that holds Thailand together!  ?

Sorry, no corruption at all in the article. This is just the usual 'I have heard about ...' post.

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I'm shocked. Corruption still after 4+ years of military rule. How is this possible? ?

Not the brightest comment. Do you have any idea how systemic corruption is? And if so, do you have a clue as to how and how long it would take to make a significant difference. 

If you think 4 yrs  then you are out of touch. If you said 40 then you'd be getting warm. Imo

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Not the brightest comment. Do you have any idea how systemic corruption is? And if so, do you have a clue as to how and how long it would take to make a significant difference. 

If you think 4 yrs  then you are out of touch. If you said 40 then you'd be getting warm. Imo

A recent comment said it can't be fixed in a million years...….I have seen it for 40 yrs and there's been no improvement, got worse if anything. But one of the reasons the Junta claimed they seized power was to address rampant corruption.

Archived