All smiles after Pattaya police arrest three bank robbers and free hostage

webfact

7PM.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Pattaya police proved that the world class resort was in safe hands yesterday when they apprehended three bank robbers, freed a hostage and recovered all the loot.

There was just one catch - it wasn't real.

They were practicing for the real thing at the Government Housing Bank branch in North Pattaya. 

Sophon said in their story that the public and tourists could have confidence in the excellent Pattaya police led by station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch who was on hand for the photo-shoot with bank employees. 

Sophon said: "If it really happens the robbers won't get away - they will be immediately arrested" by Pattaya's finest. 

41738464_2064559233565000_8719901230089895936_n.jpg

In the staged drama three men arrived on two motorbikes and took a hostage. It wasn't clear if the robbers were armed but it was scary - they were all wearing full face helmets. 

Leading the training was station deputy Pol Lt-Col Korn Samdane who said that robberies of banks and gold shops was a common thing these days and it was a good idea to be prepared. 

41496149_2064559326898324_3671575972924096512_n.jpg

The training was held to encourage officers under his command and show them what to do in case of a robbery.

It was useful also for the bank employees to know how to handle the situation in the moments before the constabulary are on the scene, he added. 

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-14

Yes, I don't want to burst their bubble but I think you'll find when people are taken hostage and banks are robbed for real then it would be a very different and far more dangerous scenario. Of course training is important but only once they have successfully done it for real would they have earned the right to give themselves a pat on the back.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police proved that the world class resort was in safe hands yesterday when they apprehended three bank robbers, freed a hostage and recovered all the loot.

There was just one catch - it wasn't real.

You nasty Mother..................-sonny boys.....

Photo caption:

"OK to stand out in the open? What book say we do if hostage AND a policeman behind are in the line of fire?"
"Not sure, this was your idea."
7PM.jpg.1c3e4ed74f4e38083aec56fd0ece56ba.jpg.19aae2c1c6ef2a27958308070100fc33.jpg
Lol thats dumb.

Scary thing is they not notice it 555

I just watched 10 of RTP finest struggling to subdue 2 foreigners fighting and 2 days prior a shoot out by the cop on a bike who managed to miss every single shot.

For some unknown reason I struggle to believe a real life situation will end up with smiles and happy ending.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Sophon said in their story that the public and tourists could have confidence in the excellent Pattaya police

Just gonna be like some Wild West OK Coral style shoot out if it ever happens - be 500 rounds in the walls, all the windows broken and the hostages laying in a pool of blood on the floor

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Everything the RTP do is done for a photo shoot, they would pee their pants if it was real.

No, no, no, you are wrong. Thai people are brave people I am quite sure of that whether they are police or civilians they are brave people.

If ever they pee in their pants it's because of prostate problem not because they are afraid. Just ask them.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, webfact said:

What a joke headline!  I disbelieved it as I read it then my suspicions were confirmed.  Pattaya Plod can't even arrest an illegal taxi-driver!

Archived