Disruptions to US Internet connections?

Suradit69

Anyone know if the location of Hurricane Florence is likely to have a particularly significant impact on connecting to US based sites in general?

I tried to track a package sent by FedEx and the website was unresponsive. Went to another website that tracks outages and their heat map showed a large red area for Fedex along the US east coast inland to Tennessee. As I was looking at the map, a red area began to bloom in the west coast and expand inland from the east coast. Not sure if this is Fedex specific or has greater implications.

fedex.png.291a6be37e793561520d8a06fa8a70c9.png

9 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Doesn't look like they have problems. That map probably shows some historic data in the heatmap.

I looked at the map you've shown and but when I went to the "live" heat map at the other site, it was becoming redder as I watched, so I think it's more current than what you showed ... especially since the red began where the hurricane is heading (or maybe has landed) and then began to expand elsewhere.

And checking it again, there is a growing yellow area in the the central US.

Besides, the reason I checked in the first place was because FedEx's website isn't doing tracking and reacts very slowly to questions posed to their virtual assistant.

fedex2.png.3ce82c5491527520339003487c931086.png

The further you zoom out from the heat map the nastier/worst it looks....but when you start zooming in the red gets smaller and smaller to where it's just a report or two coming in from areas which have large populations.  And when looking at the specific number of reports the number of reports is indeed very small.  Probably just problems with a person's computer versus many people being affected. 

The heat maps turns a "tempest in a teacup" into looking like a real Cat 5 hurricane.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, Pib said:

The heat maps turns a "tempest in a teacup" into looking like a real Cat 5 hurricane.

Media at its best. Frequently the media overstates stuff. Today I saw on twitter some weather reported fight against wind which let some walking bystanders unaffected. 

Archived