S&p Contract

I made a booking for a new condo that's abt to commence construction about a week ago i.e. on feb 4. Back then, the sales staff told me i have to sign the contract in 2 wks time which wld be Feb 18. I've just asked my lawyer to confirm the date as I need to fly into BKK to sign the contract. The same sales staff now told my lawyer that she can't confirm the date to sign the S&P contract yet as she have to check the contract first and will inform my lawyer later when she receive the contract.

This is so frustrating especially when I have to confirm my travel arrangements (airline ticket must be issued 1 wk b4 departure, which is today). Does anyone have similar encounters? Typically, how long does it take between paying the deposit and signing S&P contract?

I have purchased many properties here over the years, and it is usually between one week and one month. Most of the time, 10 days or two weeks. You should have your lawyer make sure that JUST IN CASE they are not being forthright with you, that you can come in later. If you miss the date of the agreement on the deposit slip, then you are in the wrong and could lose your deposit.

I do not want to sound negative, but it is in your interest to have your lawyer to notify the sellers that you will be in at the time stated on the contract and will provide your down payment on that date. If they are not ready to accept that, then have them write a letter on company letterhead, and with a company stamp to your lawyer stating that they need to delay the signing and that they will provide a new date and also provide one month notice or more.

If they do not respond to this, and I bet they will be slow, you should let your lawyer know that you will be here as expected and they will provide you with some sort of written contract, even if it is a simple one stating payments and the like and a COMPLETION DATE!!! (Have your lawyer write it) If they do not have a completion date, make them add one to it. It is beyond me that they are not ready for you to sign a contract. They should have had the contracts ready form the time the first customer arrived.

I expect that they are simply disorganized, but do not allow their disorganization to cause you difficulties.

I made a booking for a new condo that's abt to commence construction about a week ago i.e. on feb 4. Back then, the sales staff told me i have to sign the contract in 2 wks time which wld be Feb 18. I've just asked my lawyer to confirm the date as I need to fly into BKK to sign the contract. The same sales staff now told my lawyer that she can't confirm the date to sign the S&P contract yet as she have to check the contract first and will inform my lawyer later when she receive the contract.

This is so frustrating especially when I have to confirm my travel arrangements (airline ticket must be issued 1 wk b4 departure, which is today). Does anyone have similar encounters? Typically, how long does it take between paying the deposit and signing S&P contract?

Thanks Elijeque. I'll heed the good advice that you give.

I have purchased many properties here over the years, and it is usually between one week and one month. Most of the time, 10 days or two weeks. You should have your lawyer make sure that JUST IN CASE they are not being forthright with you, that you can come in later. If you miss the date of the agreement on the deposit slip, then you are in the wrong and could lose your deposit.

I do not want to sound negative, but it is in your interest to have your lawyer to notify the sellers that you will be in at the time stated on the contract and will provide your down payment on that date. If they are not ready to accept that, then have them write a letter on company letterhead, and with a company stamp to your lawyer stating that they need to delay the signing and that they will provide a new date and also provide one month notice or more.

If they do not respond to this, and I bet they will be slow, you should let your lawyer know that you will be here as expected and they will provide you with some sort of written contract, even if it is a simple one stating payments and the like and a COMPLETION DATE!!! (Have your lawyer write it) If they do not have a completion date, make them add one to it. It is beyond me that they are not ready for you to sign a contract. They should have had the contracts ready form the time the first customer arrived.

I expect that they are simply disorganized, but do not allow their disorganization to cause you difficulties.