Pattaya, trash activists inspect ad-hoc Jomtien dump

Rimmer

Pattaya, trash activists inspect ad-hoc Jomtien dump

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya regulatory officers and a group of internet garbage activists inspected a privately owned lot in Jomtien Beach repeatedly used as an illegal dump.

Pol. Petty Officer 1st Class Somchai Inruang joined Supada Wongsim and Kitatipat Kuawijit, the operators of the Rubbish Communication Facebook page, at the unfenced Jomtien Second Road plot Sept. 6. They found garbage strew around an open pond and near the roadside.

Somchai said municipal officers routinely patrol the area and occasionally have caught people dumping trash and construction debris on the land, but the problem persists because the land is privately owned and unmanaged.

Supada offered to have her lawyer write a letter to the property owner asking for their cooperation by fencing off the land. She also asked if Pattaya would fund the installation of closed-circuit television cameras to catch those dumping there illegally.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-15

Where do you think the Pattaya trash picked up from hotels , restaurants and malls goes ? To avoid paying someone to take care of it they just dump it in the nearest soi. I just walked by one of the garbage dumps and spotted 6 big rats having a party. This is the world we're living in here. Think about that next time you have a dinner in a fancy restaurant.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, Rimmer said:

but the problem persists because the land is privately owned and unmanaged.

Simple solution really - if the 'owners' don't fence it off, confiscate it and make it a Public Park.   I the coppers found people illegally dumping 'occasionally'  what was done to the illegal dumpers??????  Nothing I'll bet  200 baht fine at the most.

Archived