Decades of sex abuse uncovered at Rhu children's home: Scotland

webfact

Decades of sex abuse uncovered at Rhu children's home

By Mark Daly

BBC Disclosure

Decades of physical cruelty and child sex abuse allegations at a children's home in Argyll have been uncovered by a BBC investigation.

The claims centre around Lagarie Children's Home in Rhu, Argyll, run by the Sailors' Society charity. 

More than a dozen people have told the BBC they were abused at the home, many of them sexually, by staff there. The Sailors' Society says it "apologises unreservedly that this abuse happened".

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45542214

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-09-17

Unfortunately that's the way it is for some religions. The creepy perverts see the children as easy pickings with no comebacks.

In my view, this filth was filth from the start and 'found' religion as a cover; not the other way around.

Well what is new, we already have the catholic church having sex parties with kids, just another christian society

having sex parties with kids. Here in Holland we had (have still?) some christian community, where members of the family 

(have?) had their parties with their own kids !! Long live religions !

Not long ago, after i made a small donation ( i never do , as i dont trust any big charity company), i found out that "doctors without borders" were also having sex parties !!! I give money and they have sex parties, ^^*&*)(^^& !!!!

I regret my donation and was totally flabbergasted.

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

More Christian perverts. Scum.

Perverts are perverts  every where but it seems like that it is easier to cover their perversions with the cover of :religion" and /or" Charity Services". Those that are the most guilty ones are the people that even they are not involved but  know of this while it is going on and pretend that nothing is happening. They need to go to jail also. .

10 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

Perverts are perverts  every where but it seems like that it is easier to cover their perversions with the cover of :religion" and /or" Charity Services". Those that are the most guilty ones are the people that even they are not involved but  know of this while it is going on and pretend that nothing is happening. They need to go to jail also. .

Another instance of massive ignorance about Palestine.

4 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

Another case of paedophile priests/clergy. Why does this not surprise me. All the more reasons why I am an atheist. There is NO god.

Didn't the late Christopher Hitchens (RIP mate) estimate that there had been over 2,000 religions, most of which had simply died off?

Prof' Dawkins is constantly dismayed that Science hasn't seen off the more stubborn religions. Me too.

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Didn't the late Christopher Hitchens (RIP mate) estimate that there had been over 2,000 religions, most of which had simply died off?

Prof' Dawkins is constantly dismayed that Science hasn't seen off the more stubborn religions. Me too.

Religion had a lot to say, in the days before Freud and modern science. The secret is to take it metaphorically, and not literally. Still do (have a lot to say), probably. There are two problems with dismissing religion. One, you throw away your heritage - most great works of art have religion at their core, and an in-depth knowledge is almost fundamental to understanding their workings and significance. Two, science, great as it is, cannot answer the fundamental questiions. It tells you the how but not the why. You end up like Camus's Sisyphus, pushing a big rock up a hill for no good reason. 

Archived