Fans face probe after leaking on FB their meeting with Korean star

snoop1130

Fans face probe after leaking on FB their meeting with Korean star

By The Nation

794b59f25bfb39e2b26ccc129f6417c3.jpeg

Her dream of meeting and shaking hands with her South Korean idol may have come true but an indiscrete revelation of how she had accomplished the feat on her Facebook page has landed the fan in a soup and could end in her being jailed.

The fan, along with another person, met Lee Jong Suk, 29, in a restricted area inside Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Sirote Duangratana, the general manager of Suvarnabhumi Airport, yesterday said that security camera footage showed that the incident took place on September 14 at around 9.15pm.

The two persons entered the restricted area through a special counter by using a security clearance card of an unnamed Customs official. The official himself accompanied both persons into the area to meet Lee who had just reached the arrival lounge.

The actor is scheduled to perform a concert in Bangkok. They were taken to meet Lee at the belt where the actor was waiting to pick up his luggage. “I disguised myself as a Customs official,” the fan wrote on her FB together with a photo.

She boasted that she was the first one to have an opportunity to meet and shake hands with him.

The encounter with their dream idol would have gone unnoticed but one of the two fans posted about her happiness and the privilege she had enjoyed on her Facebook.

Her description brought criticism from netizens who questioned the official favours she had received, forcing the authority concerned to take action.

Sirote said his officials have already filed complaints with Suvarnabhumi Airport Police station against both persons for allegedly invading a controlled site of the airport at night time.

This was considered a criminal offence with punishment of not more than five years imprisonment and/or a fine of not over Bt100,000, he said.

The Customs official who facilitated their entry will be charged with complicity.

“We are summoning the official who allowed the two persons to use his identity pass to enter the arrival lounge to meet the Korean idol. If he was really involved in the offence, more charges will be filed against him,” Sirote said, adding the maximum punishment was sacking.

As of now, the official’s passes to the airport have already been suspended.

Sirote reiterated that his agency placed utmost importance on providing and keeping security at the airport as per laws and international standard.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354656

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-9-17

This reeks of the last place I worked at before I moved to Thailand.

If a serious safety incident happened, they weren't so quick to address the actual issue, rather they put more effort into trying to stop people talking about it.

It's an interesting time that we live in, privacy is becoming scarce, and people are only one click of a button away from being broadcast to thousands of people. It seems like Thailand 4.0 is struggling to figure out how to handle widespread accessibility to free information.

AOT reassures Suvarnabhumi airport's security measures

BANGKOK, 18 September 2018 (NNT) – Airports of Thailand has reassured security measures are being enforced to deny unauthorized persons an access to restricted areas at Suvarnabhumi international airport. 

AOT's Suvarnabhumi Airport General Manager Sirote Duangratana said the security measures at Suvarnabhumi airport are strictly enforced to deny unauthorized persons the access to restricted areas and require any persons other than departing or arriving passengers to bear a valid security card issued by the airport. 

Those with such security cards are subject to security check and to comply with all security measures while being in the restricted area, and can only enter or exit restricted areas using designated gate. Those who are allowed to enter restricted areas are airport staff, airside retail staff, airline staff, contractors, and others who may be authorized in advance by the airport. 

Touching on an event in which two unauthorized persons entered restricted area to meet some artists from South Korea, the airport chief said footages of CCTV cameras show the unauthorized persons entered the restricted areas at the airport's arrival on 14 September 2018. They were brought in by a customs official, an act which was considered a violation of the security measures. 

The airport has already filed a lawsuit with Suvarnabhumi airport police and stressed that the airport put the highest priority on passengers' safety in keeping with the law and international standards.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-18

13 hours ago, akirasan said:

This reeks of the last place I worked at before I moved to Thailand.

If a serious safety incident happened, they weren't so quick to address the actual issue, rather they put more effort into trying to stop people talking about it.

It's an interesting time that we live in, privacy is becoming scarce, and people are only one click of a button away from being broadcast to thousands of people. It seems like Thailand 4.0 is struggling to figure out how to handle widespread accessibility to free information.

What is Thailand 4.0? 

I must have missed Thailand 1.0  ?

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She boasted that she was the first one to have an opportunity to meet and shake hands with him.

Her dream was not meeting the guy, her dream was meeting him and gaining face by boasting about it to her friends and everyone else in the world.

All about gaining face and other selfish things. Why couldn't she just be happy with the meet and great and leave it there?

8 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Her dream was not meeting the guy, her dream was meeting him and gaining face by boasting about it to her friends and everyone else in the world.

All about gaining face and other selfish things. Why couldn't she just be happy with the meet and great and leave it there?

That would be like buying a LV purse and keeping it in the closet at home.....a Thai would never do that.

But it's good to see the Thai acting on this, if i was the VIP i would be pissed off to see corrupt officials letting girls in to see me.

Archived