Jomtien Immigration

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien and many other offices are open from 9 to 12 on Saturday mornings now.

Does this mean if one arrives in jomtien on a friday evening, that going to immigration in the morning on Saturday is madatory in order to avoid a large penalty for not filing a TM30?

26 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Does this mean if one arrives in jomtien on a friday evening, that going to immigration in the morning on Saturday is madatory in order to avoid a large penalty for not filing a TM30?

I doubt it. They are not as strict as many people say.

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

I was under the impression that Jomtien immigration is closed on Saturdays. Is this not the case?

Was there yesterday and read "we are open saturdays" for re entry permits for retirement visas, extension of 90 days, but not many other thinks like 90 day reporting. I had to make a special trip there yesterday, as now they want to take a photo every so often of your passport and photo and of your face with a camera. Was told it was for a new system

8 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

When I went last week to Jomtien Immigration for my TM30, the girl said they allow 3 days for you to file, based on your entry stamp when you arrive.

!maybe she meant up to three days so a Friday arrival could report Monday, otherwise 24 hours? 

On 9/18/2018 at 12:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

Extensions, 90 day reports, TM30 reports, change of visa status and non immigrant visa applications.

Source in Thai: Division 3 Immigration Saturday-Outreach.pdf  from this announcement on immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5b60ad05c365c3ad18512caa .

Just to update those who use this office - went today on another matter. They do not open  every Saturday. closed - 22 Sep. Closed 13 October.

On the Saturdays they are open it is only for:

TM30

Tourist Visa extensions

Re entry permits.

Best to phone if you are planning a trip.

Edited by pontious
add

8 hours ago, pontious said:

They do not open  every Saturday. closed - 22 Sep. Closed 13 October.

Being closed on some Saturdays is the same as not being open all week days due to holidays.

Not sure why they would be closed on the 22nd. October 13th is is a holiday weekend which is the reason for the closure then.

I think you left 90 day reports off your list of things they do.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:29 PM, Mac98 said:

!maybe she meant up to three days so a Friday arrival could report Monday, otherwise 24 hours? 

No she was very clear, it should be 24 hrs, but at Jomtien immigration they will allow 3 working days, I asked 2 girls that were doing the TM30s,they both said the same