speedometer light for Honda Click 125 / 2014

krey

Recently my  headlights burnt out which I got replaced quite cheaply.

However my Speedometer light also does not work.  It is not the end of the world as I am not trying to break any speeding records

while I drive at night but it is kind of nice to see the speed when I look down instead of blackness.

While I was getting my headlights replaced I asked how much it would cost to fix the light on the speedometer.

He said you can't just replace the light but need to replace the unit from what I understand with my Thai.  In any case he said it would cost

2500 Baht to replace.  

I didn't do it at the time but was curious if that sounds about right?

Thanks

12 hours ago, krey said:

not exactly sure what that refers to, but I am in Chiang Mai

Did you go to a Honda main dealer I find it hard believe that a Speedometer light cannot be fixed , unless there's a design change of some sort, maybe it's just something simple like a bad wire connection to the Speedo unit.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, Kwasaki said:

Did you go to a Honda main dealer I find it hard believe that a Speedometer light cannot be fixed , unless there's a design change of some sort, maybe it's just something simple like a bad wire connection to the Speedo unit.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, Kwasaki said:

this was the honda dealer just up from Maya.  They didn't do any investigating I just said what was wrong and he said it had to be removed, I will check out some other places mentioned in the post see what I can find.  Like I said it is not urgent as I am not speeding at night or in the day, the front head lights were certainly the priority.:)

5 minutes ago, krey said:

this was the honda dealer just up from ........

I've also had a run-in with this shop.

They wanted 3,000bht to replace the front fork when a bolt from the disk brakes had fallen out (after they failed to tighten it after a service they did). Went to a typical Thai greasy shop-front repair place, and they fixed the missing bolt for 50bht.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I've also had a run-in with this shop.

They wanted 3,000bht to replace the front fork when a bolt from the disk brakes had fallen out (after they failed to tighten it after a service they did).

Went to a typical Thai greasy shop-front repair place, and they fixed it for 50bht.

good to know, they been pretty good for the lights and oil changes but this is the first time I did something outside the box per say,

will certainly investigate my options to see what others say.   thanks everyone

19 hours ago, krey said:

this was the honda dealer just up from Maya.  They didn't do any investigating I just said what was wrong and he said it had to be removed, I will check out some other places mentioned in the post see what I can find.  Like I said it is not urgent as I am not speeding at night or in the day, the front head lights were certainly the priority.:)

Yeah bad Honda dealer sounds they want to take you for ride,  as said check about in other places. 

Yep apparently it's LED and can't be replaced (too bad, bulb would cost like 10baht), seems that you are looking for the part #4 below :

(on some website you can get it around 2100 THB, still pricy just for light issues)

I'm just wondering, there's probably not just 1single led, did you check the connections ?

I doubt all the LED burned at the same time, so it's probably either a connection issue or the whole board burned up.

There's a place where you can bring any "broken" electronic boards to get fixed, very cheap, can't remember where, i'm asking my friend i'll tell you whenever he replies.

image.png.edad7d977413d75c07152ed8e44018c7.png

15 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Yep apparently it's LED and can't be replaced (too bad, bulb would cost like 10baht), seems that you are looking for the part #4 below :

(on some website you can get it around 2100 THB, still pricy just for light issues)

4 year old bike that's a bit of a bummer that's Honda taking the whatsit, hope it's not a common fault.

Same with the Sym 400i... led lights can't be replaced. I also thought i was being misinformed at the dealership so i emailed the factory service department in Taiwan. Entire dash including speedo, tach and odometer 7000 baht. Shocking.

It's only the lights in the gas gauge and the odometer/clock etc. The gauges themselves still work just dark at night. I can live with that but it's certainly not good for the end-user.

Archived