Western Women/spouses

tom_a

Hi All,

My aussie wife and Iplan to relocate to Chiang Mai, or rather on the outskirts of the city. My wife was wondering if there are other western women living in the region. We realize that most of the expats have found the love of their life, which more often than not would be a Thai lady. So, just out of curiosity, we wondered about the number of women from Australia, Canada, or the U.S.? Any replies, as always, is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom

Hi All,

My aussie wife and Iplan to relocate to Chiang Mai, or rather on the outskirts of the city. My wife was wondering if there are other western women living in the region. We realize that most of the expats have found the love of their life, which more often than not would be a Thai lady. So, just out of curiosity, we wondered about the number of women from Australia, Canada, or the U.S.? Any replies, as always, is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom

Although I am not a participant, I have on many occasions seen quite a number of young foreign families going to the Christian church on Charoenrat Road as well as dining at a nearby restaurant. There are a lot of NGO families here as well as missionaries so if that sort of lifestyle suits you I don't think your wife will have any trouble meeting new friends.

I'm part of the NGO world and there are a lot of expat women/spouses here. The NGO circle is fairly big but I have also heard from friends that there are over 5000 missionaries (including their kids) in the area as well. Most of the expats I meet are American but I do know a lot of Germans and Canadians as well. My wife (a Canadian) belongs to a few groups of expat women - play groups and a tennis group. I don't think it would be too difficult to find others here with similar interests.

There are a fair number of normal, Western women living here

I guess I hope I should fit into this catagory :o

Non missionary, non NGO, female, of western European origin, living in Chiang Mai.

Don't belong to the broken hearts support group either.

Thank you for your replies. My wife will be pleased to hear there are other western women inthe area.

Sincerely,

Tom

Why is western important? In Chiang Mai, there are also many English speaking non- western women who are intelligent and wonderful.

Edited by mongoose

Hi All,

Sincerely,

Tom

Thank you for your replies. My wife will be pleased to hear there are other western women inthe area.

Sincerely,

Tom

Why is western important? In Chiang Mai, there are also many English speaking non- western women who are intelligent and wonderful.

because maybe she wants to meet someone whom she has something in common with ,not just someone who speaks the same language . just a thought :o

Hi All,

Sincerely,

Tom

Hi Tom ,

It would do both of your hearts good to get to the CM Expats Club to see the great expansion in both activity and membership over the past year.

You may both find more "westerners" than you ever imagined with a number of Special Interest Groups flourishing within the membership.

The Club meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month at the Orchid Hotel , Huay Kaew Rd. One floor above entrance level. Meetings start at 10.30 a.m. Get there at 10.00 .

Good luck

Hi All,

Sincerely,

Tom

Hi Tom ,

It would do both of your hearts good to get to the CM Expats Club to see the great expansion in both activity and membership over the past year.

You may both find more "westerners" than you ever imagined with a number of Special Interest Groups flourishing within the membership.

The Club meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month at the Orchid Hotel , Huay Kaew Rd. One floor above entrance level. Meetings start at 10.30 a.m. Get there at 10.00 .

Good luck

Good idea :o

Hi All,

Sincerely,

Tom

Hi Tom ,

Good luck

Tom,

Me again !

Just check out the Orchid Hotel and steps which just might be necessary to access the meeting room of the Expats Club.

Cheers.

Mike