Using a Gas Water Heater

Moonlover

I am seeking to install some form of water heating for our kitchen. Its location does not lend itself to fitting an electric heater and I'm not too happy that the wiring in our fairly old house should be subjected to any more load anyway.

So I'm considering installing a gas instant heater instead, such as the one in the picture below.

If anyone out there uses one of these, (or similar) I'd like to hear your comments on them, particularly regarding water pressure. We do not have tank/pump system, however the supply pressure is, generally fairly good.

Thanks in advance for any useful info.

ML

Gas Water Heater.png

Now I'm American, and like most Westerners we are used to having gas water heaters. The lack of piped gas to the house in Thailand is an issue.

I'd be really really skeptical about doing this. I'd almost guarantee trying to find an installer would be tough . I might be wrong, often am. Others may give a different view, but I'd just go with the prevailing practice in Thailand and get an electric point of use water heater

56 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Now I'm American, and like most Westerners we are used to having gas water heaters. The lack of piped gas to the house in Thailand is an issue.

I'd be really really skeptical about doing this. I'd almost guarantee trying to find an installer would be tough . I might be wrong, often am. Others may give a different view, but I'd just go with the prevailing practice in Thailand and get an electric point of use water heater

Gas water heaters are not uncommon in Thailand, they use bottled gas, and are often cheaper to run than an equivalent electrical one. Installers  are easy to find as well.

• Thanks 1