Many rape cases stalled or 'settled' by police, says foundation

webfact

9 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

As regarding adults, sorry to say that many women do lie.

Well, I'm sorry to say, despite your wishful thinking, it's only a very small minority. A much larger number of rape cases go unreported because the victims know that many men think like you and they won't be believed and that reporting the rape will just add to their trauma with little chance of justice.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm happy with that.

Glad it works for you.  A few years back a Thai MP, interviewed by the Bangkok Post, stated " if you want a better life to marry a Farang "  in general.  This MP has since been slowly censored the truth hurts I guess.

The truth in general if you go first and she doesn't have her head straight the Soi Dogs will be sniffing?

On 9/21/2018 at 11:00 AM, sebastion said:

Very male dominated.
Even aids is considered a "lady disease"
That's what Thais call it.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Maybe somebody should point out to them that far from being a "lady disease", half of ALL new HIV infections in Thailand are caused by men having sex with men. This is also the case in many other countries, including those in the West.

Graphic showing projected HIV infections in Thailand 2015-2019

I bet the exact same thing happens to all types of criminal cases in Thailand. Not only rape. 

I feel like the only cases taken seriously in Thailand are defamation cases against the elite... Wonder why that is... Money money money and corruption throughout the justice system. 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:25 AM, newcomer71 said:

Police and Army are an utter disgrace for this country... If only they would simply do their duty instead to fill their pockets with money, this would be a much better country.

Yes, it was much better before the coup. No corruption what so ever.....

On 9/21/2018 at 10:27 AM, akirasan said:

Although I'd like to see rapes at 0%. Thankfully, they are steadily declining.

A few stats: 
Most victims are women between the age of 16-20 (22%)
Most attackers are school and university students (12-13%)
Most attacks occur in Bangkok (26%)

thailand rape rate.jpg

thailand has around 32,000 rapes a year = 47 rapes per 100,000 people. im surprised  people actually trusts thai statistics

more than half of the 32,000 girls and women raped in Thailand last year were students, and alcohol was often a factor, according to health officials and activists.

About 87 rapes occur daily – one every 15 minutes – according to activist Supensri Puengkhokesoon a forum on sexual violence yesterday.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/most-thailands-rape-victims-are-students/

https://www.wikigender.org/wiki/rape-and-womens-rights-in-thailand/

Edited by ta158

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

thailand has around 32,000 rapes a year = 47 rapes per 100,000 people. im surprised  people actually trusts thai statistics

more than half of the 32,000 girls and women raped in Thailand last year were students, and alcohol was often a factor, according to health officials and activists.

About 87 rapes occur daily – one every 15 minutes – according to activist Supensri Puengkhokesoon a forum on sexual violence yesterday.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/most-thailands-rape-victims-are-students/

https://www.wikigender.org/wiki/rape-and-womens-rights-in-thailand/

As I said to another poster, what do you suggest is a better metric than reported cases?

Edited by akirasan