public hospital fees

snowballthecat

I would like to ask what your experiences in public hospitals in Phuket as an outpatient?

Level of practitioners? Acceptable fees? Imaging available?

Last year spent privately around 4000 Bath to check my breasts and other 4000 Bath for a yearly gyno check-up in Phuket International. 

Service was "just ok", average, I would say. Back home my gyno said the recommendations of the Thai doctor to perform an SMEAR/PaP test every 3 years were all wrong! 

Where to go this year?

Routine check ups can be hard to obtain at publuc hospitals and everything you do at them entails ling waits (I am sitting in the 2ard of one as I type this).

For preventive care I suggest Mission Hospital. Less expensive than the other private hospitals as it us non-profit and if memory serves, there is a popular female OB-Gyn there.

For curative care if it will be anything extensive the hassles of the public hospital system may be worth it for the un8nsured. Tbe cost difference compared to the for profit private hospitals is about 4-5 fold.

But you really, really, really should not be here without insurance!!!

There is only one secondary level public hospital on Phuket, Vachira in the main town. Others are just community hospitals, suitable only for minor things. No tertiary level publuc facilities on the island, for that need to go to Surathani.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In patient only cover is fine as long as it goes up to at least 3-5 million baht and includes day surgeries (usually does). I too only have inpt cover.

Try Mission as suggested. It will certainly be less than the for profits.

If you have plenty of time on your hands and do not mind long waits (which may be in crowded, non air con facilities) can use govt hospital for curative outpatient care. Bring plenty of patience, reading matter and if you don't speak basic Thai, a Thai speaker.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived