Must i go to the Land Transport Office?

chingmai331

Stoopid me.  Forgot the month of car registration, thought October.  Wrong, February.  So now i'm 6 months late to renew.  My car old so must get tested for various functions at special shop, which also does Registration and Insurance.  Very convenient for me. But i cannot recall if i must go to Land Transport Office in Hang Dong (CM) before i get car tested or totally unnecessary to go to Transport Office.

Does anyone know the answer? 

• Like 1

It makes no sense to go to the DLT before the technical inspection/testing has been done. They won't update the book without having the testing protocol.

As above: go to the testing station and let them handle it.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Just for info...the 'fine' for being late doing the reg will be 1% per month or part month of the normal registration amount.

Also for info make sure that the vehicle has 4 wheels it's one the major checks done in the 'roadworthy test'

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Just for info...the 'fine' for being late doing the reg will be 1% per month or part month of the normal registration amount.

Also for info make sure that the vehicle has 4 wheels it's one the major checks done in the 'roadworthy test'

Yep, a bit like 2 arms and 2 legs, your fine for a work permit.

You do not need to go to the DLT, just pay the money at the T.R.O, they will tax it until the next due date and insure it at the same time. Don't worry about the test, if you can get the vehicle to the testing station then it will pass with flying colours.

Edited by Formaleins
  • Haha 1

Is this still Thailand?   I went to the garage with the special auto testing, tried a new shop closer to home.  Took 10 mins to find the shop, across CM. Treated there so kindly, fast and courteously and i was very highly impressed by the chaps working there as 'quasi-government' employees. 

For the past 3 yrs i have had to take the car for repairs before shop would issue stamp. But this time car working well enough to pass on first effort.

Everything went so well for the old farang; pick up book 2moro.  

Sabai dee indeed.

• Like 1