Changing from Non B to Non O visa

Moved to here.

To apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage you would have to go to a embassy or consulate. Immigration does not change non immigrant visa categories. You would have to have a tourist visa or visa exempt entry to apply for a non immigrant category O visa at immigration.

If you are on the 90 day entry from a non-b visa you could apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

If on a one year extension of stay issued upon working issued at immigration you could change the reason for it to one based upon marriage after your current extension is canceled.

Thank you for reply. 

May I reconfirm my understanding is correct .

1. Extend based on marriage with Non B is ok?  Cause my understanding for Non B visa is for working. My Non B will expire in 2020, but 90 day report will expire in Oct this year . Do I have to wait till Oct or I could just inform the reason to extend by marriage beforehand? 

2. If I stop working and cancel my work permit,  I can still keep Non B visa extended based on marriage? 

3. Can I obtain WP with Non O visa? 

4. Do I need to be married before request of extension based on marriage? I can marry a Thai national with any visa? 

1. Where did you get a non-b visa that is valid until 2020? Not sure what you actually have?

Perhaps a 2 year extension based upon working for a BOI or another company that can apply for one. Your extension would have to be canceled to apply change to an extension based upon marriage.

2. If you stopped working your extension would be canceled and then your could apply for an extension based upon marriage.

3. Yes if you are married to a Thai.

4. You have to be married. You do not have to be on any visa to get married.

37 minutes ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Thanks for reply. 

So that means,  I need to apply for marriage visa when I quit work right? 

You could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage on the date your extension based upon working is canceled.

Sorry allow me to reconfirm ...

I'm planning to change job,  and if I extend based on marriage as non b,  and if I quit the job,  will the non b visa be cancelled,  hence extension will no longer be valid? 

My non b visa will expire 2020, but I'm not going to stay with this company that long.  

In this case,  I need to cancel by non b and apply for non o? 

• 1 year later...

Hello, I currently have a working visa and work permit for almost 10 years now and Ive been married to a thai national at the same time.

Can I change my working visa to marriage visa without affecting my current work permit?

Reason is I want to transfer to other company and I think its easy if Im holding a marriage visa because once I resign the only thing that my company has to cancel is my work permit. Then my new employer can easily request for a new work permit.

9 hours ago, Harold DG said:

Hello, I currently have a working visa and work permit for almost 10 years now and Ive been married to a thai national at the same time.

I have replied to the topic you posted asking the same question.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1160159-changing-work-visa-to-marriage-visa-is-it-going-to-affect-the-work-permit/